I thought it would be interesting for people to say what they were most and least proud of about themselves, to compare how people honestly identify as members of society. It can be almost trivial things - anything you feel is relevant. It might also help to state your gender and age.
- I believe I would do the right thing in most everyday moral dilemmas, even if it didn't benefit me. I genuinely want other people to be happy.
- I think I'm good at being laid back, particularly where it comes to taking insults well, and letting certain things go.
- I'm good at maths, and try to work hard at it.
- Can be very over-confident and arrogant. I try to keep this hidden in front of other people, but at heart I have a massive ego.
- Physical laziness. I've always been unfit, and have never followed through to get fit. Yet.
- I have the social skills of a zygote.
The above are my replies - feel free to add your own. I find it interesting to see how people view themselves.
State your best and worst attributes :) Watch
- Thread Starter
- 18-05-2013 03:00
- 18-05-2013 03:06
I want to be the best at everything.
I want to be the best at everything.
- 18-05-2013 03:06
Best: I'm very patient in life
Worst: I can get jealous really easilyLast edited by thegodofgod; 18-05-2013 at 03:08.
- 18-05-2013 11:51
I handle stress exceptionally well, it takes an awful lot to get me even slightly annoyed.
Overly attached to other people.
Poor long term concentration.
Prone to ... embellishing...stories.
I care far to much about what people think.
Often won't stand up for what I really think due to fear of social stigmatization.(see above)(this is something im trying to change)
- 18-05-2013 12:38
Good conversation when you get to know me and I'm past the shy awkward stage! lol
I give good advice and I'm good at cheering other people up
I'm a know-it-all when it comes to animals/PCs/games/maths
I put other peoples feelings before myself (trying to be more selfish now)
I give too many chances
I'm extremely shy
I do tend to get attached to one person and tell them EVERYTHING.. then they eventually disappear. Thats a pretty hurtful one!
I get jealous
I put animals before humans, propbably because I have been hurt so much in the past. Not sure if this is good or bad!
- 18-05-2013 12:45
Grasp concepts quickly
I think I'm somewhat amusing
I can entertain myself
Somewhat arrogant - but can you blame me?
Don't come to me for emotional support
Don't click with the majority of people
- 18-05-2013 12:47
- Opinionated, can develop strong arguments with justified evidence
- Pretty good at maths and video games
- Fairly diverse interests, a bit different from the norm
- Good at listening, understanding and guiding
- Work hard
- Very shy
- Can't seem to understand small talk, not very good at engaging in conversation at first ( a bit introverted)
- Don't like helping people who work hard last minute rather than consistently
- Plan things too much, if something isn't planned then it can be quite tricky to convince me spontaneously to do something
- Work too hard
- 18-05-2013 14:32
- Genuine & pretty down to earth.
- A fun person to be around once you get to know me.
- I like to help others although feel like any advice I give won't always be the best.
- Think I'm fairly polite & nice person on the whole.
- Try my best in everything I do.
- Fairly non-judgmental.
Last edited by Multitalented me; 19-05-2013 at 02:09.
- Not as intelligent as I want be.
- Quite self-consciousness in social situations & care too much about what others think/potential embarrassment.
- Need to be less afraid of certain responsibilities.
- Worry about things more than I should.
- Don't think I look that good at all.
- Wish I had more interests than I do at the moment.
- Probably need to be more serious at times.
- Sometimes make silly mistakes that I regret once it's too late.
- Would rather just be good at things that contribute to society than really random things that are useless in life.
- 18-05-2013 14:37
- I'm naturally gifted at something, and really try to help people do well in that field.
- Laid back, takes a lot to annoy/upset me.
- The ability to start a conversation with strangers
- Don't listen to peoples problems unless I'm close to them (yes I see this as a positive)
- A bit opinionated, and some of these opinions aren't very popular.
- Can sometimes get a bit clingy to people
- Have this fear of letting people down (being late for an event, not doing something I said I would)
- Laid back, although it's a positive sometimes it takes me a while to get assertive.
- 18-05-2013 18:30
I'm loyal and honest.
Very down to earth.
Think I have a good sense of humour.
I'm a good friend.
Can be very clingy.
Very very self conscious.
Poor social skills.
- 18-05-2013 18:34
- 18-05-2013 18:39
- I'm open minded
- I don't really care what people think of me
- I think I'm... kind of funny
- Loyal - I defend my friends if I hear people talking s*** about them
- I get stressed out easily, especially in small situations (right now I'm stressed about choosing self-catered or catered halls and trying to dedcide which oen would be better socially :P)
- I complain a lot
- I get annoyed at people easily, but fortunately not for too long
- 18-05-2013 18:39
BEST: I'm known for being a really nice person, im rarely in a mood or angry with people.
WORST: I'll lie to people to not upset them- whether that means stringing along a guy, not telling my friends if they're being cheated on for example... just can't handle the drama. Honestly hate this about myself
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 18-05-2013 18:43
- I like everyone, even those who do not like me
- I'm very altruistic
- I'm quite familiar with the topics in contemporary philosophy and sciences
- I'm an extropian
- I'm very lazy
- I'm extremely shy in social situations
- I'm unattractive
- 18-05-2013 18:58
Female & 20
- Good at giving advice (apparently)
- Intelligent (apparently)
- Open minded
- Calm in stressful situations
- Hard working
- Overly competitive
- Easily made jealous
- Easily annoyed at certain people or things (but usually not for too long)
- Very self critical
- Worrying about the opinion of others
- Perfectionist (but only a perfectionist would know that perfect doesn’t exist)
- Work too hard
- Too serious in some situationsLast edited by Joanna-Marie :); 18-05-2013 at 18:59.
- 18-05-2013 19:08
Male and 27
-I often really don't care what I look like. I mean, I wash and clean myself and everything, but beyond that I often don't make an effort to look good
-Slightly obsessive personality
-That self-doubt bug sits on my shoulder, often hampering my progress and ambition in whatever I'm working towards.
- 18-05-2013 19:09
-I'm a quick learner, I can grasp new things quite fast
-I'm really organised and efficient
-I think I'm a good friend, I'm always up for having fun with them
-I'm quite down to earth - not pretentious about anything
-I always feel like I'm owed something, which makes me really bitter sometimes
-I tend to make a bad first impression I think (I'm better once you get to know me)
-I'm self-deprecating to the point of annoying sometimes
-I'm never happy with how I look, even if I take hours getting ready!
- 18-05-2013 20:26
- I always look to see the best in people and situations
- I'm positive almost all of the time
- I'm very friendly/approachable/easy to talk to
- I'm patient and am good at teaching other people things
- I'm such a worrier
- I'm really unconfident and have low self esteem
- I end up saying the wrong thing a lot of the time
- I am self conscious.
- 18-05-2013 20:36
-Erm..I like to think I'm a good listener
-Not very good at making friends
-Lack of confidenceLast edited by fash777; 18-05-2013 at 20:37.
- 19-05-2013 01:45
- It takes an awful lot to stress me out or rile me up, so I'm fairly laid back in that sense.
- However, in contrast to the above, I'm also very determined. If I aim for something, I'm going to achieve it. Or else. When I was at school, this meant I ended up teaching myself and the rest of the class A-Level Biology as I wasn't satisfied with the teaching and I wanted an A*
- Fairly confident and I enjoy meeting new people.
- I like to think I'm tolerant towards others, even if my personal beliefs are the polar opposite.
- I've been told I have a good sense of humour; it has been described as 'witty'.
- Determination often turns into stubbornness, depending on the situation.
- I get fed up with my own company fairly quickly so like to be busy all the time.
- Not very open emotionally. I'd rather bottle something up than tell people about it. This partly stems from..
- Distrust of other people. Not in a paranoid way, but I'm not one for pouring my heart out to someone as I find other people have trouble with keeping their mouths shut. The exception is my boyfriend and best friend, the two people I feel I can trust with anything.
- I'm fairly impatient. If I want something doing, I want it done yesterday
- On the flip side of my sense of humour, it's rather dry. People can sometimes take it in the wrong way and think I'm being serious.Last edited by TattyBoJangles; 19-05-2013 at 01:54.