Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I am an exchange student who will be studying at Leeds Met for the Fall 2013 semester, but am having trouble choosing where to live. I am really interested in Opal 1&2, Opal 3, and Sky Plaza. Opal 1&2 would be perfect, except I heard it is far away from nightlife and City Campus (where I'll be studying). So I was hoping someone could help me, is it a hassle to get from Opal 1&2 to City Campus as well as the bars/clubs? I heard Opal 3 and Sky Plaza are across the street from City Campus, but that they aren't very social places to live, any truth? I am a very outgoing, friendly guy who loves to go out and meet people...help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juniorpreciado)
    Hey! I am an exchange student who will be studying at Leeds Met for the Fall 2013 semester, but am having trouble choosing where to live. I am really interested in Opal 1&2, Opal 3, and Sky Plaza. Opal 1&2 would be perfect, except I heard it is far away from nightlife and City Campus (where I'll be studying). So I was hoping someone could help me, is it a hassle to get from Opal 1&2 to City Campus as well as the bars/clubs? I heard Opal 3 and Sky Plaza are across the street from City Campus, but that they aren't very social places to live, any truth? I am a very outgoing, friendly guy who loves to go out and meet people...help?

I don't go to Leeds Met so I can't tell you much about how lively and sociable each place is, but Opal 1&2 aren't far from the City Campus, or the nightlife. About a 10/15 minute walk at most.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm an international student planning to study at Leeds Met as well and I have the exact same question as you so thought I'd chime in I was looking at opal 1 & 2 as well. Have you (or does anyone know) much about Woodhouse or Sugarwell?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I ended up choosing Opal 1&2, seemed like the most social.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f.raffan)
    Hi! I'm an international student planning to study at Leeds Met as well and I have the exact same question as you so thought I'd chime in I was looking at opal 1 & 2 as well. Have you (or does anyone know) much about Woodhouse or Sugarwell?
    I lived in sugarwell in first year. Its very basic but it has everything you need. However its not near the city about a 20 min walk, on nights out you would definitely have to get a taxi. It's not en suite or anything though and generally 5 people per flat with one bathroom and one shower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f.raffan)
    I stayed at Sugarwell for a year, moved out just a month ago. It's not a bad place, very social and the court yard is really nice to sit in when the weather is nice! The only down sides are it's quite far away from the supermarkets and Universities. But if you are at City Campus you can get just get the 51/52 straight into the town centre, and if you are at Headingly (like me!) you can just get the 92. Both bus stops are right outside of Sugarwell.

The staff in the reception there are very welcoming and nice, plus there is a common room with a TV, pool tables and such. I never really went in but a lot of people seemed to hang out there. I would recommend it!

I don't know much about Woodhouse however ^^;

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.