Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swan stardust)
    If you had the chance to know the answer to one of the unsolved philosophical problems which one would you choose?
    Is my conscience separate from my body?

Although I'd give it more time to think about what I want to ask if I had the chance. Also I'd make an attempt at reading up on philosophy as right now anything I say is completely uneducated.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh what would you ask?I would like to know about the very beginning of the universe,how it all begun.
    That was it.. Are my conscience and my body two separate things? Like is my body just a vehicle for my thoughts, which will last an eternity?

And as much as I'd like to ask your question I'm pretty sure that answer would blow my mind and I'd never be able to understand it.

ReputationRep:
    Really tempted to say 'Does God exist?' , but I don't think I'd be comfortable with the knowledge if one does, or does not exist - I wouldn't want it to influence my life.

Neither do I want to ask 'What is the meaning of life?' , because I'm to big a fan of the answer 42 to get the real answer.

So I think I'll go with something that's rather safe, 'Does life exist on planets other than Earth' ? While, it's probably true that there is, it'd be nice to know for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Is mathematics (/Can mathematics be) self-consistent?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you had the chance to know the answer to one of the unsolved philosophical problems which one would you choose?
    I would like to get an answer to the interesting question in philosophy, namely whether the egg or the hen came first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I would like to get an answer to the interesting question in philosophy, namely whether the egg or the hen came first.
    Egg!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd even like that question. How terrifying. I wouldn't really want to know about my future, and I guess God's existence is the biggest issue philosophically in my mind, however having that knowledge might be too much to handle. It sure would help though, I wish I did believe in God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...

What's the most hardest question to answer?

ReputationRep:
    What is the point of life?

Aliens.

Is out future already set out for us or do we control it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Delete this.

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Substantia)
    Egg!

How interesting! thanks for video! as far as I understand there was a related species which was laying an egg by which the chicken was born later on. In other words: an ancestor of chicken laid an egg, thus it came first. That sounds logical. I feel good to get an answer to my question indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Why is the Universe the way it is?

ReputationRep:
    Oh what would you ask?I would like to know about the very beginning of the universe,how it all begun.
    Same. Or maybe more accurately, why it began.

..But I don't think my (or anyone's) human mind could comprehend the answer, so in a way it would be pointless to ask. But I still would. I'd happily explode my own brain if it meant I got a chance at knowing the answer to that question.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Another question which I would like to know is why the universe came into being. I want not to know the way, but the reason. If I get an answer to the reason of the totalitarian existence, then I get an answer to the reason of life in general too.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didn't really understand.So you mean that if our existence is a totalitarian regime,there is something higher which controls our fate?I'm sorry,english is not my mother language.
    Fair enough. To be honest, English is not my native language too, its German. But nevertheless I will try to explain my thoughts about totalitarian existence as good as possible.

Totalitarian existence means all kinds of existence far away from earth, in other words all kinds of existence in space and galaxies. But it doesn't exclude the existences on earth. On the contrary! as you can see totalitarian existence means all kinds of life and things in the whole world and out of it. And I guess that I get the answer why all kinds of these things exist, I would find out the reason why the big bang came into being. To cut a long explanation short: I want just to know the reason why life and things in our universe exist.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.