Just wondering if any of you guys has given any thought to a working holiday VISA in Australia ?
I moved out to Australia in 2000 and have owned a couple of businesses. The economy is in good shape and the weather is superb.
My present company has developed a product that has a patent. We are associated with Griffith University via the Gold Coast Innovation Centre and currently embarking on Proof of Concept trials with grant funding from the Dept of Industry via the Commercialise Australia Incentive Program.
I need an IT guy for six month or maybe longer ? I would like to offer the opportunity to someone from Europe or the USA.
These are the skills I am looking for
• Good knowledge of OpenWRT
• IP networking knowledge, including iptables, DNS and HTTP
• Microcontroller experience (Arduino or similar)
• Some knowledge of ARM architecture
• 3G and mobile networking configuration and troubleshooting
• Serial communications knowledge (USB, Modbus)
• Some knowledge of electronics, including Lithium-ion batteries
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Knowledge of security cameras and APIs
• Scripting language experience in Python, Lua or similar
• SQL experience (SQLite)
• Hands on skills for prototyping.
My company would offer accommodation at my home overlooking the beach. You would work with an engineer and a team of software developers in Melbourne. We work from a home/office in a fabulous location. If you surf you can walk to a surf break or swim in the Pacific Ocean year round.
The offer would be that the candidate would apply for a working holiday visa and arrive in Australia around 1st Sept 2013 although this date is not critical. The work could be split into two sessions of 90 days to accommodate travel or work through and take 6 mths to see the country after the term of employment is over. If you like the work then there are always options.
The package would include a modest wage, accommodation,food and unlimited internet etc. You would have your own private room with an Ocean View.
I am in the UK until mid June.
...with these A Level results?