Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I applied for Medicine for September 2013's intake in the UK. Unfortunately I have been rejected by all 4 of my choices. I left my fifth choice blank and I am thinking of using it for Law now. If Medicine and I are not meant to be, its not meant to be. I was rejected by the University of Manchester medical school. If I apply through UCAS now for Law at the University of Manchester, do I stand a good chance of getting an offer, taking into account the time of the year and my personal statement which has absolutely nothing to do with Law. They will definitely see that my personal statement is about Medicine. Does that make it impossible for me to study Law at Manchester?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

i just found out that durham offer you to submit a substitute personal statement just for them -im not sure of the exact details but contact them and find out if its too late to apply. i wouldnt mention the medicine thing though; maybe say you recently visited and regret not applying, would it be worth applying now blablabla?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.