The Student Room Group

Do Universities send you offers via email?

I will be applying for Uni in 2014 when the time comes but before that I will most likely be abroad on a gap year when Unis send out their offers, is it possible for them to send them via email? Is that an option on the application for them to do that? Or is it only via post?
Original post by porcelainwhite
I will be applying for Uni in 2014 when the time comes but before that I will most likely be abroad on a gap year when Unis send out their offers, is it possible for them to send them via email? Is that an option on the application for them to do that? Or is it only via post?

They send you offers online via UCAS.
You will receive an email from UCAS telling you to log in and view your application if you are made an offer or get a rejection.
Reply 3
The offers will come through online on UCAS Track. So when you are abroad on your gap year you will be able to log on to UCAS track to check for any offers. When track updates UCAS will send you an email (but won't tell you what the update is in the email).

Some universities send an email or a letter in the post as well, but not always.
(edited 10 years ago)
You'll get an email off UCAS telling you that you've been given an offer and then you'll have to log on and see it. You don't get told what the offer is in the emails you get.
You'll get an email from UCAS saying something's changed on Track, so you'll have to log on and see what's been updated
Reply 6
As has been said, you get informed that something has changed on your UCAS Track. Oxford and Cambridge either email or send a letter, and Track changes a few weeks after. Some universities will also send you an email saying something like 'we have decided to give you an offer, UCAS Track should change soon'.
If you have a Hotmail or Google email account, you can log in from any PC anywhere in the world to regularly check your email and from the same PC, see updates on Track.

You do need to be contactable even during a Gap Year - there will be decisions you need to make during that time - you cant just 'disappear' for months on end, however tempting that might be.
As others have said, UCAS will update and then you will be sent an email informing you there has been a change.
With my St Andrews offer, I actually got an email about a week before track updated saying that I would "more than likely" be getting an offer in the near future, they just had to finalise some things (new course route), and after my offer was made official I got another email from them detailing what to do next. So you'll probably get a mixture of emails from UCAS and emails from the uni.

Quick Reply