Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is receptor an organelle ?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. Organelles are generally structures inside the cell.

But then comes the complication that we have internal receptors. So maybe this type could be regarded as such.

So generally, I'd say no. But I'm uncertain with regards to the classification if internal receptors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    I don't think so. Organelles are generally structures inside the cell.

But then comes the complication that we have internal receptors. So maybe this type could be regarded as such.

So generally, I'd say no. But I'm uncertain with regards to the classification if internal receptors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay , thanks and how would you distinguish between a cometitive and non competitive graph because they look similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    Okay , thanks and how would you distinguish between a cometitive and non competitive graph because they look similar
    Could I see examples? Preferably if you know which is which? I'll find it easier to explain that way.

ReputationRep:
    No, a receptor isn't an organelle. Organelles are membrane-bound units within the cell that carry out a function. A receptor is just a protein, sometimes found on the surface of the cell, sometimes on the surface of an organelle. They sit in membranes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    Is receptor an organelle ?
    nah bro.

receptors i.e glycoproteins, glycolipids are often found on the plasma membrane (phospholipid bilayer) of cells

organelles on the other hand, are structures found within the cells i.e ribosomes, golgi apparatus, smooth endoplasmic reticulum etc.

hope that helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.