The Student Room Group

AQA Accounting Unit 2 - 22nd May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by princess_meera
The last debenture bit threw me!! So annoyed but i liked the 15 marker... 3a was really weird :/... And hopefully i dont loose too many marks on the income statement even though i have made silly mistakes... Really want an A on this paper

what did you write about for the 15 marker? i done 2 reasons for 2 reasons against and a conclusion.
Original post by Infamous12
what did you write about for the 15 marker? i done 2 reasons for 2 reasons against and a conclusion.

I wrote about 5/6 benefits two limitations and a conclusion
Also has someone got an unofficial markscheme that they could share for this paper :smile:
Reply 283
What about the rent received on question 4?
Reply 284
Original post by Economist21
Yeh tax was 38,000 then once you've got net profit you do an appropriation account by just taking away debenture interest and tax I believe?

Mate, did you do anything to the depreciation that was already included in the income statement? i think it was 48,000 i didnt do anything to it
Reply 285
Original post by Economist21
Got exactly the same

Wait, £141,140 was my final profit after tax figure on the income statement.

Was this your profit after tax figure to?
Original post by Brandon_RNS
Mate, did you do anything to the depreciation that was already included in the income statement? i think it was 48,000 i didnt do anything to it

You werent meant to do anything to the depreciation figure because it said it was correctly entered in the bookkeeping system so i pressumed it didnt need changing
Reply 287
You werent meant to do anything to the depreciation figure because it said it was correctly entered in the bookkeeping system so i pressumed it didnt need changing

Ahh that makes sense, loads of people are saying that the 10,00 from the disposal should have been taken out of this figure. You sure it said it had been entered correctly?

Just to clarify we are talking about the income statement right?
Ahh that makes sense, loads of people are saying that the 10,00 from the disposal should have been taken out of this figure. You sure it said it had been entered correctly?

Just to clarify we are talking about the income statement right?

Yeh the income statement... Question 4. And yeh im pretty sure it said that hence u only had to work out the profit/loss on the vehicle which i calculated to be loss of £3000

Btw what did u do for the rent received figure? And did you include the debentures?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 289
Yeh the income statement... Question 4. And yeh im pretty sure it said that hence u only had to work out the profit/loss on the vehicle which i calculated to be loss of £3000

Yeahh, what was your profit after tax?
Yeahh, what was your profit after tax?

Well mine was 168 thousand and something... Im guessing i might have made a mistake else where however i havent come across two people who have the same figure so i guess anyone could be right... Did u include the debenture?
Reply 291
Well mine was 168 thousand and something... Im guessing i might have made a mistake else where however i havent come across two people who have the same figure so i guess anyone could be right... Did u include the debenture?

Yeah i did and i didnt divide it by two because interest cannot be split over months. And myself and someone else had the same figure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i did and i didnt divide it by two because interest cannot be split over months. And myself and someone else had the same figure

Posted from TSR Mobile

i cant remember my exact profit but it was around 171000. If i deducted 72000 instead of 36000 and deducted the provision for doubtful debts from operating expenses i would have around 140000 something i think.
My teacher told me that the debenture interest was half of the original amount. I myself didn't out any of it in the income statement because i thought it would be for October 2013
Reply 294
Original post by Infamous12
i cant remember my exact profit but it was around 171000. If i deducted 72000 instead of 36000 and deducted the provision for doubtful debts from operating expenses i would have around 140000 something i think.

Hmm, hopefully 141,140 hahaa
Reply 295
Original post by masoodmiah
My teacher told me that the debenture interest was half of the original amount. I myself didn't out any of it in the income statement because i thought it would be for October 2013

How can you half the debenture interest, i dont understand it.
How can you half the debenture interest, i dont understand it.

You don't halve it, went through the paper with my teacher earlier, the answer was £141,140, so well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
how many raw marks do you think it will be for an A? i think between 62-64 based on the fact that this paper had questions that have never been in past papers.
Reply 298
Original post by tom_elsey
You don't halve it, went through the paper with my teacher earlier, the answer was £141,140, so well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh haha, you sure that is the right answer?

how far off were you mate?
ahh haha, you sure that is the right answer?

how far off were you mate?

Well, my teacher helped write the Frank Woods book, so she's pretty good :tongue: I was just the £5400 for the provision out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending