ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I start uni in September and I'm looking for a new laptop or Tablet. I'm torn between the two because I can't really see much difference

The tablet has the pro's of being portable and versatile, it would be good for taking to lectures and it does have a mobile key board so It can be used for writing essays and doing work. I'm more confused because I don't know the capacity of the Tablet, if it will be reliable and have the storage needed to be a good choice for University. It is also Windows RT? I don't know what that is or how it would benefit/be a disadvantage?

The laptop on the other hand is fairly light weight, Windows 8 and touch screen. I'm certainly no tech expert but I think it has good storage and will be more reliable for studying?

both laptop and tablet have great battery life but the Tablet looks good because I will be travelling on trains a lot and I can access it anywhere?

any suggestions would be great! both products are Dell, are they good? any other brands that better suited to a student?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Lenovo is the best laptop ever

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.