Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

I'm a guy, and up until now, I'd never really seen the appeal of playing a woman in an MMORPG. I have played female characters in offline games such as Kingdoms of Amalur and enjoyed it; however in other games such as Mass Effect, my experience wasn't so good. When Final Fantasy XIV: ARR is released, I plan to roll a female character.

Are you treated differently? Is this socially acceptable? What have your experiences been? Any stories or comments would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    You being serious?

Loads of people play a character(s) of a different gender to their own. Nobody cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayPlays)
    Are you treated differently? Is this socially acceptable? What have your experiences been? Any stories or comments would be appreciated
    Are you being treated differently? No one cares.
    Is this socialy acceptable? No one cares.
    What have your experiences been? No one cared.
    Stories/comments: I was playing Fallout 3 and decided to choose a girl. Nobody cared.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and I always used to play guy characters in mmos because they generally look better. However in recent years I've been playing female characters and it's a fact they get benefits, I mean if anything you get treated better.
    I even know some guys who purposely play female characters so that other guy players flirt with them and give them freebies /sell stuff cheaper. :')

ReputationRep:
    Quite honestly, no one gives a ****. Do whatever you want really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayPlays)
    Hey.

I'm a guy, and up until now, I'd never really seen the appeal of playing a woman in an MMORPG. I have played female characters in offline games such as Kingdoms of Amalur and enjoyed it; however in other games such as Mass Effect, my experience wasn't so good. When Final Fantasy XIV: ARR is released, I plan to roll a female character.

Pause.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No one cares what gender you choose.

ReputationRep:
    Take the red pill, you need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you pretend to be an actual girl, complete with fake facebook account and pictures, and catfish some high-end male players... it'll give you an advantage. If you're good at it you can probably even get people to pay your subscriptions :lol:.

Depends whether or not you can roleplay well enough to be sexually suggestive with another bloke and not come away feeling ... confused. Haw haw.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.