The Student Room Group

IGCSE English Language Monday 20th May 2013, Anthology A poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Tweakey
Just used quotes to show her conflict -.-

I'm not familiar with Edexcel Anthology, only the AQA one which I did in school.

No, i mean about the unseen text..
Reply 41
Reading everyone's comments about the first unseen text, I really enjoyed this, I didn't use many technical terms but I did talk about how it read, how they'd used their words to express unwritten thoughts and feelings, how the text made me feel personally. I talked about how they used short sentences to build the tension of the taxi journed in the rain, how the weather compared between the wet and windy London which almost seemed to reflect the authors feelings on the journey and arrival in Holland where it was snow which covered the pathways which almost referred to a new life, a path as yet untrodden. I hope that this was okay.

I used nearly all the space available to me for most questions. My first exam since 1989! Reading what you've all said I am now concerned. However I did read some previous exam answers and the markers response online and think that what I've done reflects much of what they like.
Reply 42
Original post by IGCSE Student
My predictions for An Inspector Calls tomorrow is a question on the significance of the Inspector.

My predictions for Of Mice and Men is a question on the theme of loneliness.

Anybody else got any predictions???

Both of those questions are on the sample assessment material but there is definitely a high chance they could repeat them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by mrsskefton
Reading everyone's comments about the first unseen text, I really enjoyed this, I didn't use many technical terms but I did talk about how it read, how they'd used their words to express unwritten thoughts and feelings, how the text made me feel personally. I talked about how they used short sentences to build the tension of the taxi journed in the rain, how the weather compared between the wet and windy London which almost seemed to reflect the authors feelings on the journey and arrival in Holland where it was snow which covered the pathways which almost referred to a new life, a path as yet untrodden. I hope that this was okay.

I used nearly all the space available to me for most questions. My first exam since 1989! Reading what you've all said I am now concerned. However I did read some previous exam answers and the markers response online and think that what I've done reflects much of what they like.

That's a good answer, I had trouble inferring anything from his experiences in Holland, for London, I used the "heart of London" as something significant because that's where he leaving from.
Reply 44
Original post by mrsskefton
Some of us are Private Candidates and are doing it as retake. I'm actually a mature student and decided in Feb that I wanted a career change but to do my course and new job I need a better grade than the one I achieved many many years ago! We, therefore, do not have a teacher or anyone to explain how these exams work. Hope that helps!

Oh, I'm sorry about that! and I'm sure you did well! x
Reply 45
Original post by msxo
No, i mean about the unseen text..

The weather?
Reply 46
Original post by Tweakey
That's a good answer, I had trouble inferring anything from his experiences in Holland, for London, I used the "heart of London" as something significant because that's where he leaving from.

i used the heart of london as well. referring to a metaphor.
Reply 47
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for Edexcel iGCSE English Language Option A?
Reply 48
Does anyone know what questions are likely to come up for Lit tomorrow? (Ofmiceandmen&aviewfromthebridge.)
what about Romeo & Juliet and Pride & Prejudice? what do you think will come up: )
Reply 50
Original post by ddogg
Inspector calls and of mice and men :frown:

Same! have you got any clue what the questions might be tomorrow?
Original post by Tweakey
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for Edexcel iGCSE English Language Option A?

80% A*
I messed up the London one, didn't refer to any metaphors or anything about the heart or leaving old for new
Original post by msxo
I can't really remember, but i talked about the pattern of three she uses "To dive, to leave to survive" and i talked about the juxatposition she uses... and about that quote "my heart leapt for both the narwhal and the whale in that split second.." i talked about the "split second" quote... you?

I think I got a D compared to you. I didn't really talk about devices because that wasn't what the question asked.
Reply 54
Original post by Kolasinac138
I think I got a D compared to you. I didn't really talk about devices because that wasn't what the question asked.

But the paper is a "language" paper =S
Reply 55
Original post by Kolasinac138
80% A*

What is the mark out of?
Reply 56
I don't think i did a good job though, i dont know. i'm really pessimistic about the english grade boundaries.
Reply 57
Original post by Tweakey
What is the mark out of?

Do you mean what was the paper today out of? It was out of 60 marks, 20 for each section:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by msxo
I don't think i did a good job though, i dont know. i'm really pessimistic about the english grade boundaries.

A lot of my friends say that, end up with A's and still say they didn't do well. Which pisses me off tbh
Reply 59
Original post by kat.girl
Do you mean what was the paper today out of? It was out of 60 marks, 20 for each section:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant how many marks are there in total from both papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending