Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The situation is, I had a friend from Foundation and First year. He didn't carry on from there, but in 2nd year his girlfriend lived with us instead of him. So we kept close. Since moving out it's got harder and harder to keep up with each other.

He moved in with his girlfriend about a year about or more, and since I've asked to meet up in town a few times, to which I got a bit of the response of that they don't do student stuff anymore. We have met up since then though just not often, he did invite me to a lan party he held but I couldn't make it with a busy weekend, but I spoke to a friend who lives near them, and knows me, and he says that they have kinda stopped living the little village they are in and rarely want to do things that cost money.

I've tried to contact him a few times over the past month, with no response. So I don't know how to go about reconnecting with them, I feel we may have changed as people too much?

Another thing to address though, I have recently realised that I have been a bit of a **** person to meet up one to one with people, and always wanted everyone to be happy so preferred to do group things, realising this I am trying to make better efforts with people. I am also coming to the end of my Masters and feeling the sad fact, university is coming to an end and dredding losing a lot of friends. What's the best way to deal with finishing university and not feeling lonely?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I'm just starting my first year of Uni but I have lost contact with my friends from primary up to college. It only the close friendships that last no matter how long you don't have contact. I haven't spoken to my cousin in 6 years, she lives in Auatralia and emailing her wasn't really important to me at the time. But as soon as I heard she was coming to the UK, I just sent her a severly long email (1000 words at LEAST) asking her about how she was doing but mainly just talking about myself. Didn't hear back until a couple weeks later and we've been emailing each other ever since. Since she's now in UK we've started texting and I'll be touring round with her until the end of July. Anyway, the point I was trying to make here is that even if you don't see your friends for a long time, if you make the effort it will be fine, you have to WANT to rekindle your connection, and they'll have to too, if you both want to stay in contact, it will happen. Me and my cuz were basically strangers before I started to email her again, now we're pretty close, I know that when she goes back to Auzzie we will stay in contact, you just have to have faith in your relationship - I know it sounds corny but that's how it is

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.