The Student Room Group

Official WJEC English Literature GCSE Exams - 20th and 23rd May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I did a view from the bridge relationship question, it was pretty straightforward
But I completely screwed up the extract question for a Christmas carol urg :frown: only wrote just over half a page
Original post by L'Evil Fish

About a Boy: extract was quite useless, and essay I did friendship

I did that question too, what did you put?
I put: Not entirely.
Yes because Marcus and Will Benefit. Power of their friendship meant Will convinced Rachel he was interesting. Marcus knew how to be 'cool'
Benefits Fiona, no more suicide attempts, doesn't have to worry about Marcus etc.
Not totally because also Other purposes about the book
Reply 142
Original post by emilialucy
whats SPag?

and I did the Piggy one, as it was easier to add some context in.

For A view from the bridge I did the one on relationship between Beatrice and Eddie as my teacher told us to avoid any actor one

I did the actor one and actually found it pretty good.

Just mention what Alferi does and feels, etc; feels that you should settle for half. Then just add, the actor should demonstrate that Alferi feels that charcters should settle for half to prevent suffering etc. I thought it wasnt too bad, I had more to say on Alferi then the B and Eddie anyway :smile:
Original post by MattFletcher
I did that question too, what did you put?
I put: Not entirely.
Yes because Marcus and Will Benefit. Power of their friendship meant Will convinced Rachel he was interesting. Marcus knew how to be 'cool'
Benefits Fiona, no more suicide attempts, doesn't have to worry about Marcus etc.
Not totally because also Other purposes about the book

I wrote:
To an extent yes... Marcus has a friendship with will and Ellie... Fiona and Will...

BUT

No because there are many other themes explored.

I wrote just under a page on yes, and just over a page on,no with my general statement!

2 sides in total, but my hand writing is quite small
Original post by FireDwarf
I did the actor one and actually found it pretty good.

Just mention what Alferi does and feels, etc; feels that you should settle for half. Then just add, the actor should demonstrate that Alferi feels that charcters should settle for half to prevent suffering etc. I thought it wasnt too bad, I had more to say on Alferi then the B and Eddie anyway :smile:

Yeah, the relationship one was pretty annoying but I managed to write about 3 pages
Reply 145
Did anyone do never let me go ?
Reply 146
Yeah, the relationship one was pretty annoying but I managed to write about 3 pages

did about 13/14 pages in total

2 for the extract
4/5 for the essay

Then did Lord of the Flies
2 for extract
5 for essay

2 for the extract
4/5 for the essay

2 for extract
5 for essay

How big was your writing? :lolwut:

I only wrote.

3/4
4/5

Ish

2 for the extract
4/5 for the essay

2 for extract
5 for essay

I had 2 pages left in my answer booklet, not sure how many their was.

I write about 8/9 words per line
Reply 149
How big was your writing? :lolwut:

I only wrote.

3/4
4/5

Ish

I think about 10/12 words on a line :P

The plan is to write lots and lots and lots, most of it will be awful, but the occasional thing will be correct:wink: Its positvie marking + its english, so you can put anything as long as you back it up with a quote :biggrin:
Anybody else have to answer the blood brothers questions? That has to be the most boring book to write about.

Other than that I think that I nailed both extract questions (LOTF and blood brothers) whole text question about piggy weren't too bad either, I should get at least a B.
I think about 10/12 words on a line :P

The plan is to write lots and lots and lots, most of it will be awful, but the occasional thing will be correct:wink: Its positvie marking + its english, so you can put anything as long as you back it up with a quote :biggrin:

Oh gosh :cry2: how did you write so much?
Original post by Connorbr16
Anybody else have to answer the blood brothers questions? That has to be the most boring book to write about.

Other than that I think that I nailed both extract questions (LOTF and blood brothers) whole text question about piggy weren't too bad either, I should get at least a B.

The Piggy question was a dream!
Reply 153
The Piggy question was a dream!

didnt you think that the question about terrifying would of been easier to answer? You can just talk about all the themes in that :smile:
didnt you think that the question about terrifying would of been easier to answer? You can just talk about all the themes in that :smile:

Tbh I started doing that but I prefer to analyse something deeply, and with the themes in 40 minutes you'd only be able to analyse them pretty basic, so yeah :P
Original post by merlynct
what did everyone think of the Inspector Calls and About A Boy questions?

An Inspector Calls was fine, I did the one about the inspector and had loads to say. I hated the About a Boy one (the 'power of friendship'), it just seemed like such a weird question. I've never seen a 'how far do you agree with this' type question for English Lit before.
Original post by AbathaZoe
An Inspector Calls was fine, I did the one about the inspector and had loads to say. I hated the About a Boy one (the 'power of friendship'), it just seemed like such a weird question. I've never seen a 'how far do you agree with this' type question for English Lit before.

I loved the how far do you agree

After doing 32 mark essays for history about "to what extent..." I.think I answered it fairly well
Reply 157
Original post by Krollo
I think that went well. I seem to be the only person who did the terrifying LotF question. Anyone else out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me!! I done it! The extract was awful! The piggy question was alright!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
I did both...

An Inspector Calls: Extract wasn't great, but it was okay... Essay I did the inspector too:smile:

About a Boy: extract was quite useless, and essay I did friendship

Yeah didn't have too much to say on the about a boy extract, but had too much to say for the inspector calls extract, I opted for the Inspecter Goole question and the marcus empathy, don't know how it went, if I had known the themes of about a boy bettter i would definitely have done the friendship essay, but was left with no choice really.
Reply 159
Original post by Krollo
I think that went well. I seem to be the only person who did the terrifying LotF question. Anyone else out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it. I bloody despise Piggy:biggrin:. The extract was easy I thought.

Quick Reply

Latest