Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ccea geography a2 2 exam on Tuesday and Im learning the Colorado case study. Unfortunately the notes I was given are pretty poor and I'm starting to freak out! Would anyone be able to give us a hand?

ReputationRep:
    Well Paul im also in the same position and dont have any adequate notes on that at all, im just hoping the coastal essay will come up! I do earthquakes/vocanic activity and rivers/coasts any thoughts on what will come up in the paper? any predictions ?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher knows the chief examiner. On a completely unrelated note he seemed to think the challenge of creating an environmental sensitive solution will come up. All the past papers have a case study on volcano n earthquakes so they're bound to come up. There's something else my teacher told us but I can't remember. Finding out as we speak tho what do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368893847.938391.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  17.3 KB That's the most I could get for aqueducts if it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks did you find out what the other thing was? what would you write for environmentally sensitive thing? do u think coastal protection will come up

ReputationRep:
    This is for ccea so I don't know if you're doing the same board, but the other thing was coastal protection case study my teacher seems to think it'll come up. And for channellisation, we learnt about three rivers in Ireland as reference to places so Id write about those!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah nah i am doing CCEA as well- Hate them lol! I have no notes on any reference to places for illustration for channelisation lol? Do you think for that particular essay it will be about channelisation in general or environmentally ones?

Did he predict anything for like coastal landforms/volcanic landforms?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? Environmentally sensitive channellisation solutions is just in general like partial dredging or managed retreat - we were just taught reference to places to help us!
    I don't know about anyone else but I think this question will be a or b and we'll have a case study on Colorado or coastline as c

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And he didn't say specifically but those landforms are easy enough learnt so you may as well learn them off just incase! He did talk about headlands and bays tho. I don't know much about those however

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I mean like do u think the question will be like a 6 marker "with reference to places outline some environmentally sensitive solutions to a river"? ..... could you give me a bit of information for a place for illustration on Partial dredging cos i dont have any?

you seem to know your stuff well for this exam anyway

ReputationRep:
    Um probably, that's what I reckon! And in Ireland there's the river main where partial dredging

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Since its reference to places you can just google rivers near you and see what they did for channellisation and briefly talk about them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okaiess haha! Dreading this exam so much what other subjects do u do?

ReputationRep:
    Awk you'll be grand! Physics and biology poor choice haha what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very poor choice lol! emms Religion, Geography and ICT

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.