Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm not quite sure what type of degree I should do; however I do know that I would like to do something with Physics or a form of engineering. I am currently doing my GCSEs and I wondered whether it would be of any use doing a broad physics degree, rather than a specified Engineering degree, so it would give me the opportunity to go into, for example research science, with also the possibility of going into engineering if that was what I decided to do once I left uni? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt C)
    So I'm not quite sure what type of degree I should do; however I do know that I would like to do something with Physics or a form of engineering. I am currently doing my GCSEs and I wondered whether it would be of any use doing a broad physics degree, rather than a specified Engineering degree, so it would give me the opportunity to go into, for example research science, with also the possibility of going into engineering if that was what I decided to do once I left uni? Thanks in advance!
    Don't worry about this now I had no idea what I wanted to do at Uni until the beginning of year 13 really. You have lots of time. I think once you start studying Physics at A Level you'll have a much better idea of if research / studying pure Physics is something that would interest you

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the first poster wait until six form to think about that just focus on your GCSE's as you haven't seen what the subject will be like yet really (A-levels give a better insight to this) e.g I wanted to do biology when I was doing my GCSE's but now I'm six form (year 12) I plan on either applying for physics or chemistry at uni but I disliked them at GCSE and now love them at a-level and hate biology now with a passion lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    engineering will make you more money but physics will change your perspective on everything.

thumbs down for this already for something I know first hand is true.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.