Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, when the booking process opened I was too caught up in revision to find out and apply- I wasn't told anything by anyone, hence I was unawares. Since now the events are full
    Spoiler:
    Show
    grrr, does anyone know whether it really matters, or whether it's worth emailing them to find out if there's space left?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I went along to the February open day at Imperial for medicine. With my traveling companion we witnessed a lecture that basically was the all the information they publish on their website preached by some academics and admissions officers and then we saw a mock interview. They showed the audience what went well and why such and such was asked and that it would be a fair representation of what to expect if given an interview. We then heard from the head of the MedSoc what they were all about. We were then given an optional tour of the grounds.

Personally I wouldn't say not going will inhibit your application but going along would have reassured one if one were unsure if one would be suited to study there. I've missed out on Kings and I can't go to St. Georges and I'm not sure if I'll make Brighton so personally I would say you aren't missing out on a great deal.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.