This discussion is closed.
dannyboy125
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey, im 15 doing my gcse's im averaging at mostly B's a few A-A*'s. at A-level I am taking French Spanish Politics and Art. Are these suitible choces at A-level for entry as Intelligence officer in the RAF. I am in cadets and have status of cadet. Wil this improve my chances.

I am a member of the conservative party, will this affect my joining, will it show up on background tests and giv them reason to refuse me entry?

Is there much call for Intelligence officers each year?

Thanks for your help! Danny
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dannyboy125)
Hey, im 15 doing my gcse's im averaging at mostly B's a few A-A*'s. at A-level I am taking French Spanish Politics and Art. Are these suitible choces at A-level for entry as Intelligence officer in the RAF. I am in cadets and have status of cadet. Wil this improve my chances.

I am a member of the conservative party, will this affect my joining, will it show up on background tests and giv them reason to refuse me entry?

Is there much call for Intelligence officers each year?

Thanks for your help! Danny
Hi Danny.

Your A-level choices are fine. To be honest, the RAF just wants you to get good grades as proof you have a trainable mind, so don't fret over your choices. The interviewers might ask why you've chosen to abandon science subjects, but they won't actually mind; they'll just be interested in how you answer, to hear your reasoning.

Being a cadet might help a little; mainly because you'll have access to information about the RAF to help you shine a bit in the interview. They always like people to have been in youth groups, so as long as you take advantage of all the opportunities offered in the ATC then you'll have plenty to talk about. Just being a cadet won't in itself improve your chances.

Being in the Conservative Party won't affect your application; again, they might mention it in the interview just to see what you can say about it; like why you joined.

Unfortunately though, there aren't many IntOs recruited every year. It's a small, popular branch, and it's very hotly contested.
Henke
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
If Intelligence is very hotly contested then what will a candidate need to succeed? Do you require higher than average aptitude test results etc to qualify for this particular branch?
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're likely to be selected purely on your OASC board grade; so just do better in selection! The Int course requires a lot of aircraft recognition and photographic interpretation, so a dangerously obsessive set of spotter tendencies would help.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.81%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (56)
8.41%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.76%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (80)
12.01%
Other reasons are stopping me going (86)
12.91%
Nothing is stopping me going (267)
40.09%

Watched Threads