The Student Room Group

Strangest thing that has happened in an exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Liammm
Thankfully it didn't happen to me, but the school bus broke down on the day of my sister's English exam :tongue:

the feeling of that happening would be horrible :eek:
Nothing strange has really happened in any of mine. However, on Thursday, an invigilator farted which was quite amusing in the silence, I must say.
Well, I used to go to an all girls school, and we were allowed to go to our exams in non-uniform. Anyway, we were sitting in the hall about to sit an IT exam and our headteacher came in to rant about what we were wearing, she basically said we dressed like slags and walked out again. Bit random.
Reply 23
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
there was wasps in the exam hall I was in, and when they fell on the floor invigilators went round stamping on them, making crunch noises :unimpressed:

I'm guessing people started to panic when they saw a wasp :biggrin:
Had a guy chunder in our exam hall once :cool:
Not exactly strange, but it certainly lightened the mood when our headteacher tripped up in the middle of the exam hall at high school! :smile:
There was a bumble bee sitting on my water bottle, and I desperately needed to take a sip of water. The bumble bee wouldn't move. I didn't want to move the bottle (it was on the floor next to my desk) otherwise the bumble bee would attack me at my seat, which would be highly embarassing.

I had to endure an hour approximately of no water. The exam was 1 hour 45 minutes btw.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Liammm
the school bus broke down on the day of my sister's English exam :tongue:

This is why I always get a lift into school on exam days. You can never trust those school buses.
In a Greek exam at my school, there were only 6 people and a teacher. After about an hour, the teacher sat down to do some marking (it wasn't like a GCSE or anything, just an end of year exam) and fell asleep. Anyway, this teacher then proceeded to fall off his chair and DIDN'T WAKE UP, right infront of the entrance. As the next teacher came in to take over, he hit the teacher in the head with the door, who then started to cry in his disorientated confusion :P

Needless to say, the Greek marks were unnaturally high that year...
Reply 29
Original post by James A
There was a bumble bee sitting on my water bottle, and I desperately needed to take a sip of water. The bumble bee wouldn't move. I didn't want to move the bottle (it was on the floor next to my desk) otherwise the bumble bee would attack me at my seat, which would be highly embarassing.

I had to endure an hour approximately of no water. The exam was 1 hour 45 minutes btw.

so the bee stayed on the bottle the whole exam :eek:
Reply 30
Original post by Stanners95
In a Greek exam at my school, there were only 6 people and a teacher. After about an hour, the teacher sat down to do some marking (it wasn't like a GCSE or anything, just an end of year exam) and fell asleep. Anyway, this teacher then proceeded to fall off his chair and DIDN'T WAKE UP, right infront of the entrance. As the next teacher came in to take over, he hit the teacher in the head with the door, who then started to cry in his disorientated confusion :P

Needless to say, the Greek marks were unnaturally high that year...

haha it sounds like insomnia does have its uses then :biggrin:
Original post by BC95
This should be fun :biggrin:....

So what is the strangest thing to have happened in one of your exams ?

Invigilator had an erection. A noticebale one. Made everyone chuckle as he was about 80.
Reply 32
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Invigilator had an erection. A noticebale one. Made everyone chuckle as he was about 80.

oh god that's a whole new level of strange .... and oh Phil Dunphy we meet again :cool:
Original post by BC95
haha it sounds like insomnia does have its uses then :biggrin:

yeah, he was a bit of a mentalist... shame he wasn't in any of my exams :wink:
Original post by BC95
oh god that's a whole new level of strange .... and oh Phil Dunphy we meet again :cool:

It was very strange. He left the school last year amidst a tide of "paedo" accusations from the students...

You were on the English thread, right?
Not strange, but we were sitting an AQA Economics paper. Some external dude was sitting the same paper, but with edexcel. His paper was 1hr 30 mins and ours was 1hr 15 mins. The invigilator thought both papers were 1.5 hours, so us AQA guys got 15 mins extra :P

She found out at the end that she messed up the times, and her face was priceless lol
Reply 36
Original post by Phil Dunphy
It was very strange. He left the school last year amidst a tide of "paedo" accusations from the students...

You were on the English thread, right?

yep that's right, how did the English go BTW
Reply 37
Original post by 16dan2life
Not strange, but we were sitting an AQA Economics paper. Some external dude was sitting the same paper, but with edexcel. His paper was 1hr 30 mins and ours was 1hr 15 mins. The invigilator thought both papers were 1.5 hours, so us AQA guys got 15 mins extra :P

She found out at the end that she messed up the times, and her face was priceless lol

damn if only I had that luxury in Economics :wink:
Reply 38
Well, the only thing that has happened in my exam was an invigilators phone going off :/ Oh, and a girl dropping her water bottle on the floor REALLY LOUDLY. I also have a habit of dropping things, which is super embarrasing as I literally throw most of my stuff onto the floor by mistake :/
Reply 39
Original post by Jophesxi
Well, the only thing that has happened in my exam was an invigilators phone going off :/ Oh, and a girl dropping her water bottle on the floor REALLY LOUDLY. I also have a habit of dropping things, which is super embarrasing as I literally throw most of my stuff onto the floor by mistake :/

both the girl and the invigilator in the same exam ?? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest