Which A-Levels for accounting degree at uni?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
coolguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi, I am doing Business Studies, Classics, history and Ict for A-Levels.
Do u think I will be able to get in a good uni to do an accounting & finance degree if i get good grades in these subjects? Or do you really need to have any certain A-Levels to do this course?
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by coolguy)
Do u think I will be able to get in a good uni to do an accounting & finance degree if i get good grades in these subjects? Or do you really need to have any certain A-Levels to do this course?
Erm....i would've thought that you'd at least need an A-level in maths...probably further maths to do accounting at uni???? I could be wrong though.....:confused:

G
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am doing maths, biol and computing a levels

and i got 5 out of 6 offers for accounting

and there are people in my school doing accounting not doing A level maths- it isn't essential, but it really super duper helps...kinda

ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont think you'd get into a good uni, you may be able to get into one though...You need maths a-level for finance and to minimise competition i think you'd need further maths...

Would you need Economics a level to do economics, or just maths and further maths?
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would have thought that maths and perhaps further maths were the a-levels required.
coolguy
Rep:
?
Are u sure u need maths for A-Levels because I have heard many people say that you don't need any certain A-levels to do accounting?
I'm doing Business Studies and we study a lot about acounting but in maths you don't learn about accounting
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

U don't "NEED" A-level Maths but it is very useful. U'll need to have a good Grade at ur Maths GCSE as Well (B or above)
The Best Place that do Accounting and Finance As an undergraduate degree in Uk is London School Of Economics (LSE).However they prefer Traditional subjects and urs aren't Traditional (History's fine but Not BS,ICT and Classics).
However other unis should be fine with it depending on what grades ur predicted. U can always Increase ur chances of getting in By starting Maths AS over two yrs and that'll make ur application Much Much Stronger.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
some of you are so JEWISH!!!!
for an accounting degree you don't need a level maths but it is required at GCSE

any a levels, as long as you can demonstrate academic ability throughout your studies by achieving grades to whatever standard the university wants
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bitewing)
I would have thought that maths and perhaps further maths were the a-levels required.
you're the biggest jew on planet mother ****ing earth.
don't speak if you don't KNOW
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa13)
you're the biggest jew on planet mother ****ing earth.
don't speak if you don't KNOW
ofcourse doing alevel maths help you with accounting
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
it is not REQUIREDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
MY
GOD
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it is not REQUIREDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
MY
GOD
At what point did calling somebody a jew become acceptable?
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
At what point did calling somebody a jew become acceptable?
i make the rules, what can you do about it? nothing.
DJT
Report 16 years ago
if you ask me unlike a 6th form or college who will accept you if you have 5 + GCSE's it DOES matter for uni. if you get an A level in ICT, Business Studies you will have a better chance, but you should have taken acountanting as well.
DJT
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Erm....i would've thought that you'd at least need an A-level in maths...probably further maths to do accounting at uni???? I could be wrong though.....:confused:

G
fraid not, you also need one in acounting to secure it, buisseness and ICT will also help though. good luck :-)
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
some of you are so JEWISH!!!!
sorry?
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The courses you chose are good choices! You will get into your accounting degree at uni with those courses!
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Accountacy involves very little maths past GCSE. There are no specific a-level requirements. However, the very top universities may prefer slightly more academic subjects than ICT or Business Studies.
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not Jewish but there's no need to mention Jews here in this thread.
A-level Maths is not required for acc& finance but if a uni have 90 places for this course and there are people with Maths a-level queuing up...then it'll make it harder for those who done ICT instead of maths.
coolguy
Rep:
?
Why does everyone say ICT is not academic or a mickey mouse . ICT is one of the best A-Levels to have, Companies like it also. ICT is a very hard subject
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads