Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to have my AS choices in this week.

I am definite on R.S.(will enjoy it/am good at it) and Maths(good all-round subject/good at it)

I will probably take Economics (tell me if this is a bad idea)

I have two more spaces to fill, and I hae NO careers ideas!

I was thinking about Computing- really enjoy it, French A2 - I am eligable to take this 1 year early!, and Chemistry - just so that I dont rule out medicine

Any replies will be greatly appreciated

Thak you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klugz)

I am definite on R.S.(will enjoy it/am good at it) and Maths(good all-round subject/good at it)

I was thinking about Computing- really enjoy it, French A2 - I am eligable to take this 1 year early!, and Chemistry - just so that I dont rule out medicine

Thak you!
    noone can have any idea what you should take if we dont know what kinda road you wanna head into in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    noone can have any idea what you should take if we dont know what kinda road you wanna head into in the future
    Well, I suppose I wanna do something maybe in business or economics, becuase I'm mathematically minded. I will be doing my work experience at an accountants. But because I'm unsure, I dont really wanna close the door on everything but economics. I also really enjoy the philosophy and ethics of RS and I'm very good at computing (my fav. subject), but are there many careers in these areas???
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by klugz)
    Well, I suppose I wanna do something maybe in business or economics, becuase I'm mathematically minded. I will be doing my work experience at an accountants. But because I'm unsure, I dont really wanna close the door on everything but economics. I also really enjoy the philosophy and ethics of RS and I'm very good at computing (my fav. subject), but are there many careers in these areas???
    Sounds like you should consider PPE

ReputationRep:
    sorry, whats PPE?

ReputationRep:
    Rule out medicine, you are not doing 2 sciences to A2 level.

But take Chemistry anyway as it complements the science side.

ReputationRep:
    2776, what is your full name, I'm at LGS too......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klugz)
    2776, what is your full name, I'm at LGS too......
    How do you know I was at LGS?

ReputationRep:
    read it on another thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klugz)
    read it on another thread
    Hmmm, which LGS are you talking about? And whats your name?

ReputationRep:
    am at leeds...it dusnt matter....

ReputationRep:
    PPE is Politics, Philosophy and Economics, and does sound like a good idea. If you want to do to continue with computing as a career ( and are planning to go to uni), then you don't need an a-level in - maths would be ok, and doing physics would also be well looked upon. count out medicene - if you're not willing to make your choices to do it, you won't be dedicated enough to get in to a uni studying it.
    Overall, chemistry sounds good, or physics if you could take the pain. French also would be very useful for a career in business, and not taking it would also be shutting a door - I didn't take it, and almost regret it, big multinational type companies like language speakers. Overall though, pick what you enjoy, cos that way you'll put in the work to do well!
    hope that helps
    Aylia x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klugz)

Thak you!

Im doing Economics, Geography, Maths , German and Computing for as. So maybe you could do R.S, Economics, Computing and double maths ouch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klugz)

Thak you!
    If you're happy to take French, I'd put that as one of your choices - it'll open up so many doors for you in the future, even if you don't decide to do anything language-related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klugz)
    if u r mathematically minded,why not do further maths? u definitely seem driven enough to take the subject!
    congrats on ur gcse results!

ReputationRep:
    From what you're saying...
    R.S
    Maths
    Computing
    French
    Economics

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.