The Student Room Group

AQA PSYB2 Wed 5 June 13 Discussion

I was wondering if there's anyone taking the AQA Spec B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
What topics are you doing may i ask :smile: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by chelley2

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing - Autism, Remembering & Forgetting and Social Influence :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing Social Influence; remembering and forgetting; and Ocd and Phobias

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by homefind
I'm doing - Autism, Remembering & Forgetting and Social Influence :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Perpeptual Processes ,Social influence and Autism:smile:

What are your predictions on the essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm doing Perpeptual Processes ,Social influence and Autism:smile:

What are your predictions on the essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think autism might be explain one or more cognitive explanation to autism maybe? Not too sure on social influence - may be something to do with ethical/methodological issues in testing conformity/obedience. I don't do perceptual processes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I think autism might be explain one or more cognitive explanation to autism maybe? Not too sure on social influence - may be something to do with ethical/methodological issues in testing conformity/obedience. I don't do perceptual processes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remembering and forgetting looks vile.
I think so too.They're going to give us something horrible coz apparently unit 1 on Wednesday was easy.Do you know how you go about getting AO2s in social essays .For normal essays I know you do the strengthens and weaknesses I'm a bit confused on social :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Remembering and forgetting looks vile.
I think so too.They're going to give us something horrible coz apparently unit 1 on Wednesday was easy.Do you know how you go about getting AO2s in social essays .For normal essays I know you do the strengthens and weaknesses I'm a bit confused on social :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I seem to be getting 7-8 atm, I find social influence essays quite hard to get all the points, but I try to focus on points, explain them, link in to the question, and try to back up using evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I seem to be getting 7-8 atm, I find social influence essays quite hard to get all the points, but I try to focus on points, explain them, link in to the question, and try to back up using evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too .i keep getting 6/7
How would you back up with evidence? my teacher really didn't explain it so I'm confused-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Me too .i keep getting 6/7
How would you back up with evidence? my teacher really didn't explain it so I'm confused-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for late reply x-/, havnt checked TSR yet :smile: erm basically supporting findings from studies, or even findings to go against it. Just make sure you know your empirical evidence (key studies) and know how to talk about them in ur essays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Sorry for late reply x-/, havnt checked TSR yet :smile: erm basically supporting findings from studies, or even findings to go against it. Just make sure you know your empirical evidence (key studies) and know how to talk about them in ur essays

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok that makes sense :smile: thankyou
Reply 12
Oh ok that makes sense :smile: thankyou

No probs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
What did you all get in Unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
What did you all get in Unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a B 75Ums :frown: I cried myself to sleep hah!I need to get at least 85ums on this one for an overall A.I want that A :biggrin:
Wbu?
Reply 15
I got a B 75Ums :frown: I cried myself to sleep hah!I need to get at least 85ums on this one for an overall A.I want that A :biggrin:
Wbu?

That is good! I got 80UMS A I was very pleased :smile: but i need to get 80 again for an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Wow an A:biggrin: nice.I think what let me down was time management and exam technique.My AO2s were a load of waffle so unstructured I've learnt a few techniques now.I hope the paper is ok .i doubt it will be coz apparently the resit was a walk in the park -_- and I was going to resit my teacher suggested i didn't :smile:
Reply 17
Wow an A:biggrin: nice.I think what let me down was time management and exam technique.My AO2s were a load of waffle so unstructured I've learnt a few techniques now.I hope the paper is ok .i doubt it will be coz apparently the resit was a walk in the park -_- and I was going to resit my teacher suggested i didn't :smile:

Really was it? My teacher said it was a nice paper, but people who sat it said the usual. If so ours will be like walking through hell :c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Really was it? My teacher said it was a nice paper, but people who sat it said the usual. If so ours will be like walking through hell :c

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yap my two friends sat it and one got a D the other a U in jan .they called me after telling me how 'easy' it was .Jan 13 looks awful I'm expecting something similar.
You know for social the essay on ethical +methodological issues do you have to describe all 3 validities and then maybe like 3ethical issues +link studies and make comparisons for AO2s?
Reply 19
Yap my two friends sat it and one got a D the other a U in jan .they called me after telling me how 'easy' it was .Jan 13 looks awful I'm expecting something similar.
You know for social the essay on ethical +methodological issues do you have to describe all 3 validities and then maybe like 3ethical issues +link studies and make comparisons for AO2s?

I would talk about external and internal and use ecological as further AO2 as it is a type of external validity, in terms of ethical issues I would talk about the main three - informed consent, protection from harm and deception and talk about them in terms of Asch and Milgram study

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest