The Student Room Group

Ecological Theory

We haven't been taught ecological theory- in the exam can they ask a question naming ecological theory specifically?
Reply 1
Original post by H_V_J
We haven't been taught ecological theory- in the exam can they ask a question naming ecological theory specifically?

It is about locality and crime, so they might not explicitly name ecological theory but rather ask a question such as: "Assess sociological explanations for differences in crime rates based on location." something like that. Look out in the Item for any 21 marker if they make any reference to ecological theory. Bring it in wherever you feel it is relevant.
Reply 2
Original post by H_V_J

Thank you, so is that the one about different zones having different levels of crime? I think we may have learnt it but not under a particular name
Reply 3
Original post by H_V_J
Thank you, so is that the one about different zones having different levels of crime? I think we may have learnt it but not under a particular name

That's it! Shaw & McKay are the sociologists I THINK.. It's about zones of transition :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending