Tomoatki
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey,

I've been checking out the accommodation for Abertay, and I'm quite interested in Victoria Chambers but on the information it says 'mature students 20+'. I'll be 19 so was wondering what the general age of students in these halls tends to be?.

Anyone who has stayed in these halls or knows anyone that has any information would be appreciated.

cheers.
SaskiaF
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,

I stayed in Vic Chambers for a few months and we had people under 20 but near to turn 20 so I guess just try to get into.
Tripudate
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At the open day they said that the age was just a rough estimate so you can apply to any of the halls
KezzaMez
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They take nearly anyone that applies. I was placed in their "mature" accommodation at 18 even though I applied for Opal as my first three choices. Turned out they wanted to fill their own buildings to make more money. If they offer you Meadowside I suggest turning it down because you don't wanna stay there.. the noise, the mess, the BOOM from the gate ,the delinquents from the pub, the walls falling down.. They'll probably give you Vic Chambers if it's your first choice. Been up there a couple of times and it seems okay, perhaps a little old and definitely not cheap enough for all you get.
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend staying in any of the Uni's own halls as I and a few others had an awful experience with them. I eventually moved up to Lyon Street after a few months of crying to get out of my contract to no avail.
My closest friends stayed in Opal and I spent a lot of my time there. It's good for parties and getting to know folk and has much better facilities. If you want quiet for working the library is just outside your door too!

Good Luck

A Meadowside Survivor 12/13
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (38)
7.44%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (298)
58.32%
No (175)
34.25%

Watched Threads