The Student Room Group

Laura Fernee the woman who say she is "Too pretty to work"

This lady thinks she is too pretty to take a job and claims she is constantly pestered by male and ostracised by jealous women for her good looks. She is currently unemployed and is living off her money provided to her from her parents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327173/The-woman-claims-pretty-job-Graduate-hounded-sex-pests-jealous-females.html

What are your views on this? Please discuss...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what
She's not exactly massively pretty, and since when did being too pretty mean you should never work? Unless of course she's trying to get famous FOR being pretty, when she isn't amazing?

Samantha Brick mark two?

EDIT: She's *very* high maintenance. She spends £86,960 just on herself every year. Who on Earth goes to a gym at £80/week?

Actually that's not including credit card payments
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Personally, I think she is a fairly pretty and attractive woman but she is clearly smart and should learn to toughen up a bit.
Of course her whole ordeal can be quite traumatising but that's just the harsh reality of the world. There are some good people out there as well as bad people wherever you go.
She shouldn't let these people stop her from fulfilling her career and getting on with her life.

And there also comes the questionable issue with her parents funding her lavish lifestyle while she makes little effort to get back out there and stand on her own two feet.
Reply 4
Perhaps she could contact Samantha Brick for advice on how to handle all that jealousy...
What a load of rubbish.

She's not UNattractive but I wouldn't say she was anything massively special. I bet there are thousands of girls prettier and as pretty as her who manage to have a job just fine. I wonder if she's trying to go for the "I'm a hot chick in a lab full of nerdy loser guys".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously?

She is very pretty, but I agree that she shouldn't let this stop her from doing her job! There are many attractive women out there that can deal with attention.

If she can't deal with the attention she gets from world, she should hide her face and live in cave. That said, she seems to be enjoying the publicity she's getting from this article now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
She's not Maria. You got to see her. Go insane and out of your mind. Latina, Ave Maria. A million and one candle lights.
If she was on benefits then there would be a lot more outrage. As it is, she is leeching off her elderly parents and presumably she has got herself into the DM because she thinks it will lead to someone thinking that she should be put in front of the camera.

Seriously, I've worked in an environment where I was on the receiving end of unwanted sexual attention, mainly but not exclusively from members of the public, and people assumed I was thick because of where I was working (a bar). I just got on with it - which is exactly what she needs to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by de_monies
She's not exactly massively pretty, and since when did being too pretty mean you should never work? Unless of course she's trying to get famous FOR being pretty, when she isn't amazing?

Samantha Brick mark two?

EDIT: She's *very* high maintenance. She spends £86,960 just on herself every year. Who on Earth goes to a gym at £80/week?

Actually that's not including credit card payments

Unlike Samantha Brick who is very plain she is actually very hot.

But 43, not 33 come on.
Original post by Raiden10
Unlike Samantha Brick who is very plain she is actually very hot.

But 43, not 33 come on.

Fair enough, but she's not "very hot" to me. I mean she's no Mila Kunis...
Daily mail^^

Don't give it too much attention.
Reply 12
Original post by de_monies
Fair enough, but she's not "very hot" to me. I mean she's no Mila Kunis...

And Mila Kunis is no Adriana Lima, they're all hot though.
Very pretty, would like to see how she looks like without the make up. She isn't "hot" imo and I've seen far more prettier girls at work :rolleyes:
Can't believe her parents pay for her living as well as designer wear...at 33! Spoilt immature brat :facepalm:
She's not even that pretty :s-smilie:
Original post by Raiden10
And Mila Kunis is no Adriana Lima, they're all hot though.

What I'm getting at is, she's not amazingly pretty
Reply 16
The hamster churns....
33?

and the left leg
Her complaint about being harassed and not taken seriously in the workplace is a legitimate one, like this part: "Male colleagues were only interested in me for how I looked. I wanted them to recognise my achievements and my professionalism but all they saw was my face and body.’" Yeah, I get that. And it's hardly unbelievable, but the fact is plenty of women will face that kind of treatment and objectification in their professions by people, but they don't decide to stop working entirely, they keep going. It's fine to complain about how you're not treated seriously and if you face casual sexism/racism/bad treatment, but to then go and decide you're not going to work at all because of it? Unbelievable. Her parents give her money at the age of 33? Seriously? And what a ****ing ego she has: "Then when they realised I was very good at my job, possibly better than them, they hated me even more." Or maybe they hated all that ****ing vanity?
Reply 19
She is pretty, i'll give her that, but I don't think she is so stunningly attractive and special how she makes out.
I've seen far more attractive girls working in retail and various other jobs, yet they somehow manage to deal with the unwanted attention...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending