The Student Room Group

Unusual Financial Situation

Hi TSR, a confusing financial situation is about to unfold for me. I will be turning 20 in mid-June, however my parents still claim child benefit for me. This benefit will be taken away from me on my 20th birthday, however, I also happen to be a prospective University student. This means that whilst I am a full time student, I will also have no means of income if I am not able to get work until I start my course.

I have checked to see whether I am entitled to Job Seeker's Allowance, but I do not think I am. Is there any financial help available for people in my situation?
Your able to get a tuition loan, maintenance loan which can cover rent/food, whatever you need. You may also qualify for a maintenance grant depending on income. You need to apply to student finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lozzielizzie
Your able to get a tuition loan, maintenance loan which can cover rent/food, whatever you need. You may also qualify for a maintenance grant depending on income. You need to apply to student finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This won't cover me for the summer, only once I actually start university. I am not a University student yet.
Try working
Reply 4
You'll have to get a job. You can claim job seekers over the summer, between college and uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending