The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher English 2013

Soooo just got out of the exam (which went well, did Yeats) and realised i didnt do something on the cover... I didnt write my dissertation and the texts on the answer booklet - totally forgot :frown:

Does anyone know if it matters or not? Quite stressed.
Reply 1
Original post by nectarine2
Soooo just got out of the exam (which went well, did Yeats) and realised i didnt do something on the cover... I didnt write my dissertation and the texts on the answer booklet - totally forgot :frown:

Does anyone know if it matters or not? Quite stressed.

Hi, glad it went well for you,

my class forgot to do this too so we went back into the hall and asked for our scripts back, the invigilators gave us them and we wrote our topics and texts down. They did say it's not that important so don't worry about it, its only purpose is to make sure you aren't writing your dissertation on the same thing as your literary study essay.

The sqa aren't idiots, they'll know what's yours and your grade will be fine
Ask the person in your school that manages the SQA contact and scripts and ask them if you can add it on the inside cover - most of the time they don't send the scripts off for a wee bit so if you do it immediately tomorrow then you might be able to (although rules vary between places so they may not let you)

Even if you don't it won't make a difference to your grade - in the marking instructions for English it says that markers who come across papers without the dissertation items in the inside cover just go to the principal assessor who will then (I presume, doesn't specifically say this) look up the dissertation and check all is correct. It has no bearing on the grade or mark you get whatsoever, so don't panic! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending