jackjns29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I had to reject my offer of accommodation because I couldn't afford the deposit due to how short notice it was :mad: so have been put on UALs waiting list...

was just wandering if anybody has any experience with the waiting list and what my chances are of getting accommodation?

also how long shall i wait before i consider renting privately?
ooftblaize
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heya, I've got on the waiting list as well couldn't afford the accommodation they gave me. What uni you going too? I'm going LCC. xx
jackjns29
Rep:
?
(Original post by ooftblaize)
Heya, I've got on the waiting list as well couldn't afford the accommodation they gave me. What uni you going too? I'm going LCC. xx
London College of Fashion, what you studying?
ooftblaize
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah cool, i'm studying BA photography. What about you? x
jackjns29
Rep:
?
FdA Fashion Buying and Merchandising
J2164
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am unsure weather to reject my offer aswell and go on the waiting list I don't want to end up with no where to live, did they mention if there was a good chance of you getting a place or not?
ooftblaize
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
J2164 I would say go for it, if your not happy at your accommodation then its always gonna play on your mind. You've got a good chance getting the accommodation you want if you reject it now rather than later when people from clearing come in. They have to say there's not a 100% chance of getting a place it as it stops you getting angry at them if there isn't but this is really only if you go on the waiting list like in july. What uni you going to btw xx
J2164
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I have been put on the waiting list so just waiting for a reply and I'm going to csm how about you? X
jackjns29
Rep:
?
(Original post by J2164)
I am unsure weather to reject my offer aswell and go on the waiting list I don't want to end up with no where to live, did they mention if there was a good chance of you getting a place or not?
He basically couldn't say whether or not because it really depends on which places become available as you have to choose two more options and whilst loads might become available, they might not be the one you want if you understand what I mean haha

what did you get and what do you want?

The one piece of information he could give me is that I'll hear back by the 31st whether or not I'd have a place of accommodation
ooftblaize
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh cool I got lcc ;D

(Original post by jackjns29)
He basically couldn't say whether or not because it really depends on which places become available as you have to choose two more options and whilst loads might become available, they might not be the one you want if you understand what I mean haha

what did you get and what do you want?

The one piece of information he could give me is that I'll hear back by the 31st whether or not I'd have a place of accommodation
When I first rang up I spoke to a woman who told me the exact same thing, which made me worry and think about it. But then I remembered last year many of my college friends went ual and wernt happy with the accomodation they got so they went on the waiting list and got the halls they wanted so decided to try anyway. The next day I rang up to go on the waiting list and when I questioned the woman she said that what the other woman said about not being able to guarantee a place is true and she has to say this to cover her back and that nothing is 100% But there seems to be quite a few places avaliable in halls as not a lot of people have applied this year and that I'll hear what place I get on the 31st. She also said its good to go on the waiting list asap instead of later as when clearing goes through many of the halls fill up.
jackjns29
Rep:
?
(Original post by ooftblaize)
Oh cool I got lcc ;D

When I first rang up I spoke to a woman who told me the exact same thing, which made me worry and think about it. But then I remembered last year many of my college friends went ual and wernt happy with the accomodation they got so they went on the waiting list and got the halls they wanted so decided to try anyway. The next day I rang up to go on the waiting list and when I questioned the woman she said that what the other woman said about not being able to guarantee a place is true and she has to say this to cover her back and that nothing is 100% But there seems to be quite a few places avaliable in halls as not a lot of people have applied this year and that I'll hear what place I get on the 31st. She also said its good to go on the waiting list asap instead of later as when clearing goes through many of the halls fill up.
Yeahhh that's what I thought, I did think that people who go through clearing often get halls so I don't see why we shouldn't, anyway good luck
georginacook
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If any of you are wanting to skip waiting lists and move into UAL halls this summer there are several people trying to sell up at Camberwell Campus Halls, I know I definitely am so I can travel this summer.
Im trying to sell my room for the 5th of June (can be later) Its a standard single, none ensuite bedroom that costs £137 per week bills included. Its bang next door to Camberwell and set over looking Lucas Gardens, the bus stop outside can take you to Oval station in 20 mins and LCC in 15 mins.

Email me if you would like pictures and more information: [Removed - please use PMs or post here directly]
willcus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've just rejected my offer. £500 to pay within a short amount of time is a lot of money.
brgb
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by willcus)
I've just rejected my offer. £500 to pay within a short amount of time is a lot of money.
Most places are like that.
sarahkaren
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi im new to this ....anyway I will be studying ilustration at camberwell in september I received my accommodatin offer today but I cant afford the rent ... as I will be left with peanuts to live off Its for the costume store ? Does anyone know anybody who is in halls nearer camberwell wanting to swap... please ?

I also rang up and was told going on the waiting list means you amy not even get another offer from them

Dont know what to do ........
willcus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Costume stores one of the cheapest. UAL halls are expensive compared to say UCL and kings (about £120 a week) but we have to live with it. I have like £30 a week left. I'm just going to hunt like crazy for a job when I start. Good luck!
AConstance
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone need a room for the summer? I have a bed for a female UAL student at Camberwell Campus.

http://www.accommodationforstudents.....asp?id=564823
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
    All 6 Colleges: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Art, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion, and Wimbledon College of Arts Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Design & Technology Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads