Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    MIT is the best technical University in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    MIT is the best technical University in the world.
    the number of astronauts or people at NASA, given their mega-tough selection, would seem to confirm its Technical rep

(Original post by Blamps)
    in the World is not enough, James Bond replies to a comment that he speaks very good English for a Russian by saying "I studied at Oxford" Nuff said
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
    But where did James Bond infact study? (as mentioned in all the early films)
    O wait, yes it is in fact CAMBRIDGE
    muhahahahaha
    J
    PS i have a james bond nut as a friend and she went mentalist the other day when someone misconstrued the fact he was brushing up on his german in oxford in tomorrow never dies as meaning he studied there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
    But where did James Bond infact study? (as mentioned in all the early films)
    O wait, yes it is in fact CAMBRIDGE
    muhahahahaha
    J
    PS i have a james bond nut as a friend and she went mentalist the other day when someone misconstrued the fact he was brushing up on his german in oxford in tomorrow never dies as meaning he studied there
    He was brushing up on his Danish in fact
    Didn't he study Oriental studies at Cam? (fictionally of course)

(Original post by Blamps)
    He was brushing up on his Danish in fact
    Didn't he study Oriental studies at Cam? (fictionally of course)
    that's right. it comes up in you only live twice, and then agains when he runs into an old cambridge guy in the spy who loved me.
    Of course those in the know would realise that this differs from the books (or so i'm told). Fleming actually writes in one book a scene in which we find bond is lying about cambridge to impress moneypenny.
    and from various films we discover he speaks chinese, spanish, greek, italian, german, danish, russian, afghan, and french (i think). He explicitly can't speak czech though in the living daylights
    J

ReputationRep:
    that's right. it comes up in you only live twice, and then agains when he runs into an old cambridge guy in the spy who loved me.
    Of course those in the know would realise that this differs from the books (or so i'm told). Fleming actually writes in one book a scene in which we find bond is lying about cambridge to impress moneypenny.
    and from various films we discover he speaks chinese, spanish, greek, italian, german, danish, russian, afghan, and french (i think). He explicitly can't speak czech though in the living daylights
    J
    Usually all MI6 people were from Oxbridge so he must have, in a fictional sense, gone to either Oxford or Cambridge...I can't really remember some of the old films...there's too many

and from various films we discover he speaks chinese, spanish, greek, italian, german, danish, russian, afghan, and french (i think).
    Don't forget Korean! (Die Another Day)

Anywayz, I think all these universities are very well known internationally: Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, MIT... I'd be surprised if I met someone who didn't know about these places. It's very difficult to choose one out of them. They all have excellent reputations.

ReputationRep:
    Its between Oxford and Cambridge, no doubt about it - and its hard to pick between them. British Uni's are the best in the world

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.