The Student Room Group

How to stay awake for revision.

I have an exam in 2 days but I also have school which leaves me with 6 hours untill 10. So how can I stay awake.

And please do not reply saying the early bird gets the worm so wake up early as I cant fall asleep early I try and it doesnt work

Also the early bird catches the worm but the late mouse gets the cheese.

Scroll to see replies

coffee works wonders.
Stimulents. Most people go for caffine but I like to mix things up with a bit of crack now and then.

Excersise if you want to be healthy and a douchbag.

But remember that later you stay up, later you get up. Not great for a morning exam.
Go to sleep, you'll be more productive:

This is the first thread I've looked at since joining tsr and well based on first impressions I am now convinced that tsr is full of drug fuelled students !
Reply 6
Do you not have study leave yet?
Can you revise during school time?
Revise on the bus?
Original post by BrainJuice
I have an exam in 2 days but I also have school which leaves me with 6 hours untill 10. So how can I stay awake.

And please do not reply saying the early bird gets the worm so wake up early as I cant fall asleep early I try and it doesnt work

For some odd reason I find that listening to classical music keeps me awake. Another 'odd' method I do is take a shower when I feel tired and it just keeps me awake. The obvious ones of course would be drinking coffee, coke etc...
Reply 8
Coke is probably the best thing you can say awake for 36+ by sniffing 1 gram.
Original post by Science.Fashion.
This is the first thread I've looked at since joining tsr and well based on first impressions I am now convinced that tsr is full of drug fuelled students !

Welcome. What kind of drugs are you into, I can supply you anything you want
Original post by Alex-Torres

Was literally just thinking about this,like this morning so its kinda strange I see a clip on here,omg I just love the inbetweeners its real true to life comedy ! :smile: I bet I will end up like Will though as revising seems to have taken over my life recently and I've got into the habit of doing hardcore revision from 8-10 which isn't great I know :/ oh well,those A/A* will be worth it,that's if I get them oh god !!
Original post by ForgottenPen
Welcome. What kind of drugs are you into, I can supply you anything you want

Erm does carpol count ? Never done drugs never will,but I know of some people who would happily take up your offer,there 15 btw and do cannabis and all sorts....
Reply 12
Original post by BrainJuice

Speed works wonders, if you can get street amphetamine thatll do but you could also take ADHD medication like adderall or ritalin. Take it and continue to take it and youll be able to work for 10 hours straight. Take it again before going into the exam. Good luck!

Ps don't take coke thats retarded you'll stay awake but you'll be off your head, save the coke for Saturday night.
(edited 10 years ago)
Erm does carpol count ? Never done drugs never will,but I know of some people who would happily take up your offer,there 15 btw and do cannabis and all sorts....

I can get you carpol if you like, (Beware I may add nicotine to it)
If you are really struggling why dont you take tomorrow off?
Do a few hours today and then get a healthy dosage of sleep.Then wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready to conduct a complete day of revision.
Reply 15
Original post by Alex-Torres

This.

If you're tired you won't work as well. You'll achieve more working well for an hour or two than working poorly for 6+ hours.
Original post by ForgottenPen
I can get you carpol if you like, (Beware I may add nicotine to it)

I meant calpol as in take it if I have a cough I wouldn't use it for recreational purposes ! How can you take nicotine you do realise that your going to develop some terrible illness some time soon,just bear that in mind...
I meant calpol as in take it if I have a cough I wouldn't use it for recreational purposes ! How can you take nicotine you do realise that your going to develop some terrible illness some time soon,just bear that in mind...

Whatever you like : )
Reply 18
Guys I'm 14, no coffee or crack aloud.
Reply 19
Original post by GeneralOJB
Do you not have study leave yet?
Can you revise during school time?
Revise on the bus?

I walk to school
2 Days left
During school time nope

Quick Reply