Distance learning Access to HE?

Watch
The student_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Has anyone heard of a distance learning course for Access to HE business, I am happy for people to suggest E learning sites as well, just I have found out recently that my local college does not do evening courses for the Access to HE and this is not ideal as I work 8-5, monday to friday

Thanks
nursing_sue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Have you thought about the OU? They're not traditionally thought of as an Access course but do offer an access troute, and they're experts in distance learning. If you choose to you can do your whole degree with them, but if not then other unis do accept their courses.
The student_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by nursing_sue)
Have you thought about the OU? They're not traditionally thought of as an Access course but do offer an access troute, and they're experts in distance learning. If you choose to you can do your whole degree with them, but if not then other unis do accept their courses.
do you know if their access course is accepted as an alternative to Access to HE?
nursing_sue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by The student_)
do you know if their access course is accepted as an alternative to Access to HE?
Not all unis will accept it - but hen, not all unis accept other Access courses so you'd need to check anyway.
Bobbied
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've just started studying with RDI. They are an online distance learning org'. The courses are designed to fit into a full-time working life, so it's perfect. You can go at your own pace through the modules but still with a good timeline to follow. They also have a decent choice of courses, but the best thing is that my BTEC diploma counts for the first 2 years of a degree. Here's the link http://www.rdi.co.uk
Happy learning
mollydavies
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looking to start an Access to HE course next year, and the closest college that does it is 50 miles away which is less than ideal. The best one I've seen and from other threads on here is http://www.distancelearningcentre.co...to-he-diploma/ . I've seen people on here have offers from a lot of red brick universities, so it seems like a pretty credible route to university!!
Singh1992
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey everyone I am Intrested in applying for optometry 2017. As I work and am classed as a mature student I have decided to take the h.e dimploma online course. Has anyone done this course ?

Is it tough?

Anyone know which university will accept mature student for optometry ?

Thank you
Ibn Alan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did access to HE in classroom as one uni wanted lab work (we didn't really do any) but my friend did the distance learning course. It is actually harder than the classroom access courses in general but still not very difficult and only requires 6 months opposed to others and the fee rates are reasonable.

Ulster, Hertfordshire, Bradford, Manchester, Plymouth, and Portsmouth all accept mature students but it may be worth you focusing on one that offers the integrated masters (Moptom).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (1)
4.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (4)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
13.64%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (9)
40.91%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (3)
13.64%

Watched Threads