The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Flats in Leeds and advice

Hi! I'm Elena, an Italian girl of 27. I'm coming to Leeds from September to attend Leeds city college, so I will not be a student of the uni of Leeds or Leeds met, and now I'm a bit desperate about finding an accomodation. At the moment I'm still in Italy, but if necessary I can come to Leeds in order to have a view at some flats, rooms.
Anyway, as I've said, I'm looking for a room: I would prefer to live on my own in a one room flat and in fact I was looking at Samara agencie which offer some of these flats, but I've only seen them on thei website so I don't know if they really look like the photos and also I don't know this agencie; even if I would prefer to live alone, I'm open also to share a flat with another person or other 2! The only thing is that I don't want to pay more than £80 per week and it would be better for me to live with other postgraduates or mature students or professional, and possibly not too far from Universities area, city centre. Regarding me, I'm very active, I do athletics so I will be very busy during the week between college, sport and I hope also job!
Do you have any advice regarding how to move, what to do, better agencies, unipol...??
I really hope someone could answer and help me!!
bye
Elena
Hi Elena,

If you are a Higher Education student at Leeds City College you can stay in Leeds Met Halls http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/accommodation/leeds-city-college-he-applicants.htm so that's an option you might want to consider, although our prices are slightly higher than £80 a week you get all your bills included.

If you do want to rent a one bedroom flat I would strongly recommend looking for accommodation through Unipol. They are a charitable organisation and all landlords who advertise on their site have to sign up to a code of conduct http://www.unipol.org.uk/Leeds/default.asp so you can trust the agencies advertising on their site.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
hi Welcome to the UK Samara is very good its also very close to the uni and next to an excellent Italian restaurant next door.
If you are studying any higher education course, i.e. any level 4 course including HND, Foundation degree or BSc etc you can stay in university halls. If you prefer to share a house or flat privately rented, check out www.gumtree.com for house/flatshares or www.easyroommate.com =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending