The Student Room Group

Intermediate 2 Mathematics Thread.

Anyone doing it tommorow? How are you all feeling? I feel like I know nothing, looking at these past papers!
Reply 1
I'm feeling really calm about it. We finished the course early into fourth year, so we've been doing extension to higher on top of revision, so I'm pretty secure about it. I'm just going to do a past paper and revise trig proofs tonight then I'll be ready.

If there's any topics in particular, I'd be happy to help. :smile:
Reply 2
Hi doing the exam tomoro too. I have done loads of past papers n some questions im just like what? lol but hopefully i will pass . Gud luck to y'all
Reply 3
I know this course inside out, I just want to start Higher already :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by jackamakka
I know this course inside out, I just want to start Higher already :frown:

Same with me. It's my second year doing it and I've been getting A's throughout the year in NAB's and my prelims, so I'm hoping to get by without too much revision.

Literally haven't even looked at anything mathematical based so no doubt I'll be up until around 1am making sure I can do it all!:mad:
Reply 5
Guys , don't worry. I came out of the exam last year feeling like I'd done terrible.

I still wonder to this day how I managed to achieve an A!

- I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm looking at some of these questions in the 2007 past-papers, absolutely clueless! :s-smilie:
It was okay.

What's the period of y=sin2x though? 2 or 180 degrees?

And did you have to do the box plot/sine graph on the sheet with the boxes? I'd just done it on blank paper all the other times so I just did those on that.
Reply 8
I got 180 and I didn't use any of the lined paper in the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I thought the exam was fairly simple, I made a few silly errors but apart from that it was easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by idontknow...
It was okay.

What's the period of y=sin2x though? 2 or 180 degrees?

And did you have to do the box plot/sine graph on the sheet with the boxes? I'd just done it on blank paper all the other times so I just did those on that.

​Yeah the period was 180 :smile:
That's good then. Thanks :smile:
Reply 12
The period was definitely 180:smile: Loads of people were asking the same thing though.

It was fine:smile: A couple of silly errors, but nothing that will affect my marks too much:biggrin:
I know I've lost 1 mark in Paper 1 from Question 3 (Arc - forgot the change r to d) but fine apart from that :smile:

Spent ages on the simultaneous equation in Paper 1 though, got confused when trying to divide 56 by 14 until I realised it was the same as 28 into 7, then it made MUCH more sense.

And on top of a good result, my Maths teacher carelessly left the new timetable on her desk and MY GOD I've got a good one for next year (Monday morning is Higher Computing then RE :biggrin:)
Reply 14
If someone finds online written answers from any teachers or that in Scotland can someone let me know? Thanks :h: x
Reply 15
^^ a couple of people in my class are giving their booklets with answers to the teacher(I might but I brought it home with me instead of handing it in) so I might be able to get a hold of written answers.

I know I've lost a mark in Paper 1 (drew the sin graph the wrong way round, oops), and I'm not sure about Paper 2... aha:')
Reply 16
I found paper 2 pretty straight forward, so I'm hoping to get full marks there.
In paper 1, I did wrong questions 7 and 9 (I think those were the question numbers).
I completely went blank when I read the word "period" in question 7, despite having done it in Physics and so I guessed writing 2 instead of 180...
In question 9 I probably got 1 out of 3 marks. y=sin(x-90) I did the right thing to start with but instead of moving the wave forward I moved it backwards. I feel stupid now, knowing that I had a possibility of achieving 100%.
Reply 17
Original post by Claire__
^^ a couple of people in my class are giving their booklets with answers to the teacher(I might but I brought it home with me instead of handing it in) so I might be able to get a hold of written answers.

I know I've lost a mark in Paper 1 (drew the sin graph the wrong way round, oops), and I'm not sure about Paper 2... aha:')

That would be great if you could get the answers! Just want a rough estimate as to how I've done x
Reply 18
Can anyone scan the paper 1 please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending