The Student Room Group

2013 OCR geography/geology unit 2 As

Hey,
Couldn't find a post for this and being the paranoid loser I am, I wanted to see what everybody was thinking about these subjects. The geography OCR unit 2 test has already gone (today) and I'm really interested how people tackled the last question. So post how you thought it went and what case studies you used through out. Also if you're taking the geology unit 2 test tomorrow let me know what you're freaking out about! :ninja2:
Reply 1
Ah there are other geologists out there! I'm taking it tomorrow too :smile:
Ive found that i need to swot up on calderas, what minerals are in what igneous rocks, deep marine ocean basin stuff (thats never come up in an exam, only makes it more likely...) quite a few of the sedimentary environments, and risk analysis stuff for volcanoes.
Yourself? :P
Reply 2
I did the urban short answer questions, rural essay and the tourism short answer questions.
I used Oxfordshire and the Eastern Cape of South Africa for the rural essay.
How did people find the urban 9 mark question on waste management? :s
Reply 3
Original post by synx
I did the urban short answer questions, rural essay and the tourism short answer questions.
I used Oxfordshire and the Eastern Cape of South Africa for the rural essay.
How did people find the urban 9 mark question on waste management? :s

did urban,use london and mumbai for 9 marker,and energy then i did

oxford and eastern cape for rural 25 marker welldone cause i did! WOOOOOOOOOO ! just compare infrastructure,jobs,increased leiusre and tourism in oxford than eastern cape which is poor ect! :biggrin:
Original post by Wombat96
Ah there are other geologists out there! I'm taking it tomorrow too :smile:
Ive found that i need to swot up on calderas, what minerals are in what igneous rocks, deep marine ocean basin stuff (thats never come up in an exam, only makes it more likely...) quite a few of the sedimentary environments, and risk analysis stuff for volcanoes.
Yourself? :P

Yes we exist! How did you find the exam? personally I thought it was an alright exam and didn't mind it..which probably means I've written something completely wrong but ah well at least I didn't finish the test gutted and answered every question. Which questions were you not keen on? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by behindblueglass
Yes we exist! How did you find the exam? personally I thought it was an alright exam and didn't mind it..which probably means I've written something completely wrong but ah well at least I didn't finish the test gutted and answered every question. Which questions were you not keen on? :smile:

I thought it was a pretty good paper all in all :smile: I've seen worse! We've discussed the paper itself here- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2359697 if ya wanna take a look

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending