Jellotime
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey, just did the by1 paper and was wondering how others found it. To be honest, i didnt find it that difficult. Some parts got me thinking a little but generally it was an okay paper. Feel free to share your answers here!
TheRamadu
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I was personally very happy with the paper. Thought it was great. I did the nucleic acids 10 marker. The only question which i struggled with was the photograph of a nucleus and the random question asking for a definition of cancer. Although i think i managed to blag answers to those
linyx
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
What did you guys put for the lysosome question? I said induced fit hypothesis.
TJLD7
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I said induced fit because I've not heard of an enzyme that actually obeys the lock and key. I had no clue really though. I said for the red blood cell membrane that the reduced fluidity of the phospholipids would make it harder for Oxygen and CO2 to diffuse in and out as they diffuse across via the phospholipid part right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jellotime
Rep:
(Original post by TJLD7)
I said induced fit because I've not heard of an enzyme that actually obeys the lock and key. I had no clue really though. I said for the red blood cell membrane that the reduced fluidity of the phospholipids would make it harder for Oxygen and CO2 to diffuse in and out as they diffuse across via the phospholipid part right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i said something along those lines. Not really sure if it's right though
Jellotime
Rep:
What do you think grade boundaries will be like?
TheRamadu
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Its usually around 54 for an a. Id say that or higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
katie1109
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
anyone get anaphase, prophase, telophase and metaphase for the order of mitotic stages?
anna1233
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by katie1109)
anyone get anaphase, prophase, telophase and metaphase for the order of mitotic stages?
I did!
Mikoto
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by katie1109)
I put anaphase, prophase, anaphase and metaphase but everyone i've talked to has put the same as you
anna1233
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
what did everyone get for the water potential calculation?
Mikoto
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by anna1233)
what did everyone get for the water potential calculation?
-860kPa
anna1233
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mikoto)
-860kPa
how many marks was that? I think i've got that one wrong
Izzie442
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
What did you think of question 7 on osmosis ?
anna1233
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Izzie442)
What did you think of question 7 on osmosis ?
I thought it was okay apart from the water potential calculation!
Jellotime
Rep:
(Original post by anna1233)
how many marks was that? I think i've got that one wrong
That was 3 marks. Did you show any working at all? You might get a mark for stating the equation for water potential.
anna1233
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jellotime)
That was 3 marks. Did you show any working at all? You might get a mark for stating the equation for water potential.
yeah I wrote the equation!
Jellotime
Rep:
Did anyone go blank on that question about cancer?
random_kid
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hey,

For the 10 marker on carbs i drew an alpha glucose and beta glucose. I also showed a condensation reaction and explained it. I included tests as well for reducing and non reducing sugars and I talked about cellulose, chitin and starch so would that be okay and how many marks do you think I'll get??

Thanks
Mikoto
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jellotime)
Did anyone go blank on that question about cancer?
yep and the question before it about antibiotics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.44%
Okay (114)
29.08%
A bit lacking (149)
38.01%
Not good at all (92)
23.47%

Watched Threads