Starting university a virgin!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So ... I'm (hopefully) starting University this year and I'm getting increasingly worried about the fact that I'm a virgin! If the impossible happens, I'm really concerned that I'll make it awkward for the unlucky person sharing a bed with me - either by being super naive about the happenings under the duvet or coming out with "Oh, by the way, this is my first time having sex"!!
And I know I sound like a right dweeb when I say that I don't want to lose my virginity to some random person in the summer before Uni ... but I really don't!
So, any advice for this dweeby virgin is welcome :awesome:
phunky_fresh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why not leave university a virgin?
username607202
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Being a virgin or not isn't a big deal. Just chill out and don't worry about it. Whatever happens next will come naturally. NO PUN INTENDED.

PUN WAS INTENDED!
vandiola
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've finished first year of uni, I'm still a virgin. I should form a club of loneliness.
FranticMind
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you a guy or a girl?

Not that it matters - I say OP do what you will. If it means a lot to you it may be worth finding someone worth it, otherwise just **** anything you want.
Jd1982
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's so weird to see threads like this and think back to a time when losing my virginity seemed like the biggest thing in the world.

It will happen sooner or later, a lot of people used to lie about it. Most people I know lost their cherry at Uni.
Theflyingbarney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The number of virgins at university is, in my experience at least, massively understated - far fewer people have had sex before arriving than tend to claim so. And I guess this makes sense, since if people are going to have sex experience is often desirable - therefore if you're going to break your duck in Freshers' week or whatever then it may be tempting to claim that you're not a virgin.

Most 'statistics' you'll see floating around will inevitably suggest that a good 75-80% of people at least are not virgins, but I'd be surprised if that number hit 50% at my uni.
white dwarf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Trust me, lots of guys go to uni with the naive thoughts that you will be having sex on a regular basis with loads of random girls. Unless you're a good looking guy or are really good at chatting up girls then you probably won't get much if any. I'm coming to the end of my second year at uni and I'm still a virgin. In all honesty I don't care that much about it, think the best advice I could give is that confidence is a good trait which girls look for. If you bring a girl back then start mumbling about how it's your first time she will get turned off. So if it happens just go for it, if she questions you after then maybe tell her.
hamijack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So? I was when I started. Now I'm not. Everything happens at it's appointed time.
pinksugar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
don't sweat about it. I'm sure you won't be the only one and admitting your virginity (you could lie I suppose) isn't as bad as regretting that you rushed losing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ddaappoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it really doesn't matter. being a virgin isn't bad at all.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thank you for all of your advice!
I was just really worried about certain expectations when I got to Uni but I guess I should just embrace my virginal status!
Treeroy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Loads of university students are virgins. You're definitely not alone! (Not that it matters how many others have had sex)

(Original post by Anonymous)
I was just really worried about certain expectations when I got to Uni but I guess I should just embrace my virginal status!
Or, you know, just not make a big deal out of it.
bigdave
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I started Uni a virgin and I decided that I would lose it to whoever it would be. A one-night-stand. Your first time is never going to be special (mine only lasted a couple of minutes ) but after that I felt so much more relaxed and now I have a girlfriend of 5 months and it has helped me.

Sometimes I wish my girlfriend was my first but then I think I would have been too worried to actually get her!

Don't worry about the whole virgin thing... there are far more virgins at uni than you think!
sassy123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
first world problem just lie and say you have since you are so embarrassed by it
civilstudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I finished uni a virgin!
white dwarf
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ye that's the spirit! , just get out there and have a good time, no point in worrying about it
Colroyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

hehehe Game of Thrones
white dwarf
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by civilstudent)
I finished uni a virgin!
Want a medal ?
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by civilstudent)
I finished uni a virgin!
Do you have a religion? Ill probably end up the same, unless of course I find someone, end up getting married etc... (Though that'd be some quite quick going!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed