The Student Room Group

Wrote a silly message to the examiner. Worried I'll get marked down.

Ok so I had my AS Sociology Unit 2 exam today, and I finished about 15 minutes before the time was up. I decided it would be funny to write a silly message to the examiner. I drew a line across the page underneath my last answer so it wouldn't be mistaken for part of that, and I wrote:

"Dear examiner,
Please do not mark this as part of a question. I have drawn a line through it like we were told to do if we made a mistake. I'd just like to say thankyou for taking the time to mark my paper. I really appreciate it! Yours sincerely, *my name*
P.S. I love your shoes
P.P.S. Sorry about my handwriting"

I drew a line through it so it wouldn't get marked as part of the last question as that is what we are told to do if we make a mistake. At the time I thought it was a really witty thing to do, but now I'm so nervous that I might get marked down because of it! Does anyone have any idea what AQA's rules are about this? I'm really panicking, I know it probably won't affect my grade, but if it's going to then could someone let me know.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBitchOf96
P.S. I love your shoes

:lolwut:
Reply 2
Well it can be sometimes be regarded as defacement of an examination paper in the harshest of circumstances.

But it's done now, it can't be rectified. Try not to worry.

Why didn't you spend the time looking over your answer?
LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
Reply 4
Or...The examiner could bump your marks up.
Reply 5
Shouldnt have done it then should you.
Reply 6
Did you go on the thread about other people writing notes to the examiner and getting A*s? Please don't do that, its stupid.
Reply 7
examiners have a wall of stuff like this the worst is you could end up on there
Reply 8
Original post by et cetera
Well it can be sometimes be regarded as defacement of an examination paper in the harshest of circumstances.

But it's done now, it can't be rectified. Try not to worry.

Why didn't you spend the time looking over your answer?

I doubt it's bad enough to be counted as defacement. It was only writing with a single line drawn through it. And I did, I wrote the message after.
Doesn't sound to bad to be honest. If the person who marks your paper has any common sense they won't care.
Reply 10
How do you know what the examiners shoes are like? They could be wearing crocs while they mark your paper :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by tommylittle
examiners have a wall of stuff like this the worst is you could end up on there

Haha I hope so!

Original post by Nitrogen
Shouldnt have done it then should you.

What a helpful reply.
Reply 12
Original post by Harley
How do you know what the examiners shoes are like? They could be wearing crocs while they mark your paper :tongue:

Lol yeah that was the point
Reply 13
My teacher has marked before and i asked her what would happend if we were to write a note to the examiner. She said it does not really effect the grades at all. She's had all sorts of comments. And it doesnt make a difference. I had the exact same exam today and wrote a little note about my terrible handwriting!

Reply 14
I wrote lily Allen lyrics and told jokes on my AS paper for psychology, the worse thing that happened was that I got a U, but I knew I was going to fail anyway. You will be fine :smile: if you had written something really offensive then worry but you gave a mere compliment!
Reply 15
Original post by TheBitchOf96
Lol yeah that was the point

Oh, right. :colondollar:
Reply 16
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL legend
Reply 17
I imagine it would be kind of unfair to mark you down if you answered the questions properly and crossed through your message. To be honest, if I were an examiner who had been marking countless scripts, it would probably make me chuckle a bit :P
Agh, that's really bad. The very second you write your name or candidate number on the paper, the examiners have to award that answer 0. I am so, so sorry :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by iamNatasha
My teacher has marked before and i asked her what would happend if we were to write a note to the examiner. She said it does not really effect the grades at all. She's had all sorts of comments. And it doesnt make a difference. I had the exact same exam today and wrote a little note about my terrible handwriting!

I hope this is true haha

Quick Reply

Latest