The Student Room Group

Have you ever wrote a note to the examiner?

I have once in GCSE history, I wrote something along the lines of

"Hey mr examiner, how you doin? Sorry about the handwriting and have a great day!"

I did pass that paper (technically :P)

Does writing notes affect your results at all? I am thinking to write a lovely note in my final A level exam ever which is my A2 psychology paper in June!

What have you wrote? Did you pass or fail? Better than you expected? Worse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by -Liberty
I wouldn't say mine was a note. But in my Physics exam there was a question that they asked that must have been created in an alternate universe. I put "I don't know."
That's as far as it goes for me! Got an A though but it was only a 1 marker.

lol, you probabaly should have left it blank! WHY DO PEOPLE NEG SO MUCH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, I promise it wasn't me!
Reply 2
It depends, if I know I'm doing well, and the subject is easy (general studies for eg) I take the piss. There was a question on Monday's paper about unemployment, and I had just started to have a rant about tax payers money "mr. examiner, can you believe that?"
Reply 3
I personally haven't left a message for the examiner, but one of my friends took M1 and really didn't like it. So they decided to write a message saying "Dear Mr Examiner, please give me marks, I need a good grade for uni". They knew it was a bit of a long shot but they thought they'd give it a try :P
Original post by hafzaaa
I have once in GCSE history, I wrote something along the lines of

"Hey mr examiner, how you doin? Sorry about the handwriting and have a great day!"

I did pass that paper (technically :P)

Does writing notes affect your results at all? I am thinking to write a lovely note in my final A level exam ever which is my A2 psychology paper in June!

What have you wrote? Did you pass or fail? Better than you expected? Worse?

haha psych is my last exam too. what will you write?
Reply 5
I half filled in a noughts and crosses game, leaving the other half for the examiner. I bought my paper back only to find out that I lost :frown:
I wrote on my PE GCSE paper because i really didn't care: ill give you a cookie if you give me an A trolololololololololololololol... He gave me a C.. maybe an ironic joke back?
Original post by m-s-96
I half filled in a noughts and crosses game, leaving the other half for the examiner. I bought my paper back only to find out that I lost :frown:

LOL

God why didn't I think of that haha.
Reply 8
I often include my phone number and some inappropriate pictures. Fail every time :sad:

But not rly. I'm usually writing till the last second of every exam so no time for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know someone who answered their general studies paper really well and then got bored at the end, so wrote "Justin Bieber is a ****"...... and got given a U!

Personally, I once drew an elaborate portrait of one of the invigilators on a blank page halfway through the paper... funnily enough, I ended up with full ums :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by m-s-96

HAHAHAH that's so good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I haven't, when I was doing A levels we were told that doing that would be a serious offence :s
Original post by m-s-96

Hahahaha you made my day!
Reply 13
I know someone who, instead of writing an essay about Romeo and Juliet, he wrote about why he hated his teachers and his school.

I think he knew he was going to fail and just didn't care. He actually didn't turn up to the rest of his exam and just smoked weed in a field.

He ended up taking two more years to take his A levels.... so I don't recommend doing what he did!

But no, as for me, I haven't written notes to my examiners! I've always been writing up until the last second so I haven't had a chance :P
hahah this brings back memories..
remember when i only had like 2 mins to do a 10 marker in history. Wrote a note inside saying 'please award full marks, answer seen on separate sheet' in my best possible handwriting. Ended up with full ums lool :smile: baffled ocr!!
Original post by eliza.anne
I often include my phone number and some inappropriate pictures. Fail every time :sad:

And the examiner was all like:

Spoiler

Reply 16
Original post by thunder_chunky
And the examiner was all like:

Spoiler

I can only hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I once wrote a GCSE English essay on 'an activity you hate' by doing the activity of English exams. At the end I wrote something along the lines of 'and if an examiner somewhere happens to be reading this, then please don't take it too seriously'. I got an A for that paper, and that's as rebellious as I've been in an exam (except writing a commentary on my French listening exam - 'a joystick, seriously? What is this, 1995?')
On a test exam once for science I got half way through and then just wrote "I'm sorry I don't know the answers" on the back page. The teacher went bat**** crazy and yelled at me in front of the whole class for that but I wasn't alone, no-one did particularly well on that one.
Original post by chicarito786
hahah this brings back memories..
remember when i only had like 2 mins to do a 10 marker in history. Wrote a note inside saying 'please award full marks, answer seen on separate sheet' in my best possible handwriting. Ended up with full ums lool :smile: baffled ocr!!

WTF? They actually believed that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest