The Student Room Group

Chatting to my girlfriend on Facebook is annoying!

Hey guys,

I met my girlfriend at Uni and we have been going out for 5 months now. She is really the loveliest girl ever and I love her to bits. However I came back home from Uni for the summer on Sunday and now I have 4 months without her and Uni.

We chat in the evenings on Facebook but sometimes it seems like just chatting because we feel we have to. Conversation is dire, talking about the same stuff over and over.

Is this normal to feel this way? I feel like everytime I am online she will want to talk to me but I don't necessarily want to talk to her, I might just want to go on my laptop. I have now decided to appear offline of Skype and Facebook so I can avoid her.

But she knows that I do little in the evenings and she knows that I am just on my laptop etc. But if I mention something to her about this I am worried that she will take it the wrong way and never speak to me on Facebook etc,

Do you people now how I am feeling and what should I do about it?
I feel like this. Luckily me and my girlfriend established early that we weren't going to do this. We speak less often (every few days on the phone) and it means conversation is better.

Not sure how you could adjust it without upsetting her though. Best policy is to talk. Do it light heartfelt. Half-joke. Maybe joke you're less boring every few days than if she talks to you everyday (so the focus is less on her).

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Eljamaispa
I feel like this. Luckily me and my girlfriend established early that we weren't going to do this. We speak less often (every few days on the phone) and it means conversation is better.

Not sure how you could adjust it without upsetting her though. Best policy is to talk. Do it light heartfelt. Half-joke. Maybe joke you're less boring every few days than if she talks to you everyday (so the focus is less on her).

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do you appear on Facebook both at the same time but don't actually talk to each other?
Reply 3
Maybe you are not meant for long distance? I know 2 couples who are literally always on skype. Not necessarily talking the whole time, but just doing their own stuff and just randomly talk.

Doesn't mean you can't make it work, just accept it will be harder. Maybe talk less, but better?
Reply 4
haaww :O
My boyfriend just said it out straight... No big deal. Although saying that my boyfriend has a really good way with words where he'll make it out to be that it's his problem and not mine... It can get really annoying when I'm annoyed with him and want to fight it out, he'll just say something ridiculously diplomatic.

Say something like 'you're avoiding certain family on facebook and don't want to be online/ you don't really like facebook it's starting to annoy you...' if she moves on to whatsapp/bbm say how you don't like staring at your little phone screen for ages because it starts bugging your eyes, that way you'll keep the conversation to a minimum, and hopefully increase it's quality. And if she moves on to the good old fashioned chatting over the phone and wants to yak on for ages, say you're low on minutes :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending