The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ainat87
lol. thats really weird. i go to Richmond upon thames college...

as for the chem, i'm still stuck on the unilac stuff. well, i need a decent diagram or summin... i can kinda explain the stuff thats already in the booklet, but i need some extra info...

its is nulcear fusion that takes place to form the new elements right>?

try look ing at the other links i posted furthur up. some are pretty obscure, but there could be something there.
thatsthebadger
need to know more about WHY the properties of gallium are unusual, and q.3 obviously, lol.

ummm... its unusual because it has both metal and non-metal propeties

has covalent bonding - non-metal propety
is liquid metal at just ova room temp
has unusual propety of being denser as liquid than as solid (like water)
dissolves in both acids and alkalis, like aluminium

but all that was already in the booklet.
ainat87
ummm... its unusual because it has both metal and non-metal propeties

has covalent bonding - non-metal propety
is liquid metal at just ova room temp
has unusual propety of being denser as liquid than as solid (like water)
dissolves in both acids and alkalis, like aluminium

but all that was already in the booklet.

yer its explaining why these happen which is hard.
Reply 43
LMAO!!!

RUTC????? uhhm who are you!!! i got there too
Reply 44
Also, gallium has the capability of forming diatomic molecules (Ga2). Thx for the links for question 3! I'm looking for more and will post if i find any! We need information, so please anyone donate any links you think are beneficial :smile:
Reply 45
I don't like chemistry. :confused:

I am targetting a 3am finish.

I go to RUTC too!
Ramaya
Also, gallium has the capability of forming diatomic molecules (Ga2). Thx for the links for question 3! I'm looking for more and will post if i find any! We need information, so please anyone donate any links you think are beneficial :smile:

cheers for that bit of info. likewise.

its wierd all u ppl goin to the same college.
Reply 47
ibby's in my class lol
from
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define:Particle+accelerator

A particle accelerator is a device used to project charged particles at high speed into matter. Electric and magnetic fields are used to provide the forces to accelerate and control these charged particles at speeds approaching the speed of light. When these charged particles strike the nucleus of an atom, they alter its stability and new particles may be produced.Various devices used to detect subatomic particles are the Geiger counter, ionization chamber, bubble chamber, cloud chamber, spark chamber, scintillation counter, and photographic film.
Reply 49
thatsthebadger
from
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define:Particle+accelerator

A particle accelerator is a device used to project charged particles at high speed into matter. Electric and magnetic fields are used to provide the forces to accelerate and control these charged particles at speeds approaching the speed of light. When these charged particles strike the nucleus of an atom, they alter its stability and new particles may be produced.Various devices used to detect subatomic particles are the Geiger counter, ionization chamber, bubble chamber, cloud chamber, spark chamber, scintillation counter, and photographic film.

That is very helpful. Thx. I found this site, it has quite a bit of info on UNILAC accelerator and the like. http://erntheburn.tripod.com/115thelement/ephemeralelement.htm
omg i have no idea wat to write in da summary!! sumone help
Ibby
I don't like chemistry. :confused:

I am targetting a 3am finish.

I go to RUTC too!

prettysupafly and me go to RUTC too.
Reply 52
Stop.. making.. me.. feel.. like.. a ... weirdo.. =]

lmao
lol zuhair u are a weirdo..
wot to write for q.4?????!?!!!!!!
Reply 55
Zu-

how far u got?
Reply 57
I can't see myself ever finishing this! Especially question 3 i feel i am not answering the question at all. And question 4 looks hard (at least its only 4 marks as opposed to 6 and 10 :mad: ) The summary will not be fun either.
Reply 58
i finished it 10 mins ago......... im just CHILLING now..... :]

edit: the .......... wasnt for u ;]
Reply 59
i am a technician in the chemistry department of RUTC and the contents in this site is illegal and the names of those participants in this forum that are cheating will be disqualified. Thank you.

Latest

Trending

Trending