What the most stupid thing your teacher has said Watch

This discussion is closed.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
Maybe it is relevant to mention that my physics teacher has a soft spot for a couple of things.

To say the word flacid, or to mention string vests would send her into hysterics. Having learnt this is said one time, as mufti day was the following day "Maybe we should all come in wearing string vests tomorrow" - i didn't expect any reaction before as i didn't find it funny, but to my horror i found her leaning against the blackboard unable to teach for ages because she was laughing so hard.
neha p
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Maybe it is relevant to mention that my physics teacher has a soft spot for a couple of things.

To say the word flacid, or to mention string vests would send her into hysterics. Having learnt this is said one time, as mufti day was the following day "Maybe we should all come in wearing string vests tomorrow" - i didn't expect any reaction before as i didn't find it funny, but to my horror i found her leaning against the blackboard unable to teach for ages because she was laughing so hard.
lol!! i love it so much when that happens. then we start laughing at them laughing and they think we are laughing at their joke and are happy that people actually understood it when it reality we laugh at them!!!!
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by neha p)
lol!! i love it so much when that happens. then we start laughing at them laughing and they think we are laughing at their joke and are happy that people actually understood it when it reality we laugh at them!!!!
Indeed, teachers making jokes should be illegal. Our last lesson with her consisted of yelling out the word flacid constantly until she let us go and play football, the poor woman.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My politics teacher said that, "Margaret Thatcher is a woman"...before he could say anything as he was trying to think of what he was going to say I shouted out sarcastically, "No!". Class found it funny and so did he.

Last year my law teacher made a big mistake but did not know it at the time. He said something along the lines of the Liberal Democrats were once called Social Democratic Party or something, think he was having a dig at the name changes. Thing is, I'd understand him more if he got it right. The SDP broke off from Labour, who later joined up with the Liberals as an Alliance, then later on they were called the Liberal Democrats.
acidbubble
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
but sir we already have homework to do

then totally unexpected mr physics say

"well life's a *****"
airie_faerie
Report 15 years ago
"Someone, I need a Roger!" I can't even remember what this was in reference too, but our Science teacher came out with it once, and it's never been forgotten.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I once called my primary school teacher "mummy". Is that stupid enough?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
I once called my primary school teacher "mummy". Is that stupid enough?
That happened with a classmate of mine at secondary scool (year 10) and she called the teacher dad and everyone heard it haha.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, one of my teacher once asked us how much an apple weighed and then decided that it weighed 1 newton.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
That happened with a classmate of mine at secondary scool (year 10) and she called the teacher dad and everyone heard it haha.
Maybe it was her dad?
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I seemed to do more stupid things than my teachers ever did.
Like laughing at a concentration camp photo and almost getting thrown out.
It was probably the worst moment to ever laugh in class...
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
I seemed to do more stupid things than my teachers ever did.
Like laughing at a concentration camp photo and almost getting thrown out.
It was probably the worst moment to ever laugh in class...
I doubt you could have laugh at a more inappropriate time, what on earth possessed you to do such a thing?
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A Geography teacher with a slight speech impediment than made his 'bs' sound a bit like 'ws'.

Starter calling the Swiss bankers.
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The most stupid thing my teacher has ever said to me is: "You'll have no problem getting into Oxford"

Bah!
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I doubt you could have laugh at a more inappropriate time, what on earth possessed you to do such a thing?
I saw a photo with a load of naked people with weird expressions. The fact that they were in a concentration camp didn't come to mind.

I had to admit that it was the "nudity" that made me laugh or I could have got in serious trouble (was at a Catholic school that was quite strict).
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My GCSE physics teacher was so incompetent that by the end of the course, she had lost all respect which she might have had at the start. She is famous for saying many strange things, as well as for not having a back bone (she once bent over to pick up something and the bottom of her top rolled up slightly to reveal her back, which did look like there was no backbone...scariest thing i've ever seen!!).
Well anyways, stupidest thing she ever said.....Well one lesson she was teaching about gravity, and how stuff can stay in orbit by persistently falling round the earth. So my friend puts his hand up and says "Miss, i dont understand", she replies "understand what?", and he replies "This whole gravity thing, it doesn't make sense", to which she replied the following:

"Gravity....think of it like butter"

she turned away and ignored my friends further questioning. To this day nobody i know, not even my physicist friends at cambridge, have been able to create a logical connection between gravity and butter. It is a complete mystery as to what goes on inside that ladies head!
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Bio teacher - "I wouldnt mind [going to prison] since it's my turn to do the ironing tonight"

(another) Bio teacher - "Right you have 30 miniutes; yes, that's right, just 30 minutes, not half an hour....wait"
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
One of my teachers said today:
"do i look swinging in these sunglasses" erm....no, lol
awww...mr Horricks, gotta love him
wizadora
Report 15 years ago
My favourites have to be....

'Pull you socks together' - foreign science teacher!
'Just a little sh*t'- instead of 'just a little slip'
'You've got to FEEL yourself'- Lang teacher explaing to me that 'to feel' is a reflexive verb
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, my Geography teacher was talking about rubber trees once:rolleyes:
"we get very hot and wet in the summer" :confused:
couldn't laugh because he was one of those serious teachers, which was even worse....
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%