The Student Room Group

when you have an exam in the morning when do you wake up?

i wake up at 5 but considering sleeping earlier and waking up at 3 :rolleyes:

also when you have an exam in the afternoon what do you do in terms of revision? do you just read and read until you get into the exam hall?
Reply 1
This morning I woke at 6:30, showered and ate breakfast (lovely bowl of porridge), did a few morning chores, then started last minute revision at 7:30, left to go to school at 8:30, and I'd say that worked pretty well for me :smile:
If I have an afternoon exam I tend to get up a bit later and have a chilled out morning of revision :P
Original post by Wombat96
This morning I woke at 6:30, showered and ate breakfast (lovely bowl of porridge), did a few morning chores, then started last minute revision at 7:30, left to go to school at 8:30, and I'd say that worked pretty well for me :smile:
If I have an afternoon exam I tend to get up a bit later and have a chilled out morning of revision :P

does that work well?
I never do any revision on the day of the exam.
Reply 4
Original post by RibenaRockstar
I never do any revision on the day of the exam.

I'm exactly the same. It's very much a 'don't know it now, won't ever know it' kind of thing - there's no point stressing yourself out needlessly the day of the exam, might as well relax.
Reply 5
Around 6...like taking breakfast slow lol I never revise on the exam morning though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Morning exam - I wake up 5 minutes before the exam starts and start getting ready; I live a few doors from my school and they are atrocious at timings, a 9.00 exam will probably start at 9.45.

Afternoon - See above.
Lol I've never slept the night before an A-Level exam, I usually sleep in the afternoon and wake up around 6PM then do an all nighter

But that's mainly because i'm usually under-prepared
Reply 8
Original post by Accalia
I'm exactly the same. It's very much a 'don't know it now, won't ever know it' kind of thing - there's no point stressing yourself out needlessly the day of the exam, might as well relax.

How about this scenario?
I had my GEOG1 exam (2 hours) exam in the morning. Anyways , I decided to wake up 3 hours prior to the exam and revise over the topics. The exact topics I revised over came up . Ended up with an A:smile:
Original post by Accalia

Did you just say RELAX!!! I can hardly breathe on the day of an exam and you suggest I relax( don't think that is gonna go down very well with me lol!!!!!:wink:
i pulled all nighters during A-levels, but that was because family circumstances during the revision period didn't allow me to revise properly, worked well too
I get up at about 7am for morning exams, to give me time to eat breakfast and have a shower, and maybe do a bit of final revision.
7ish for a 9am exam.
Reply 13
Original post by Secretnerd123
does that work well?

For me it does! But everyone's different :P
Reply 14
Original post by cheesypuff
How about this scenario?
I had my GEOG1 exam (2 hours) exam in the morning. Anyways , I decided to wake up 3 hours prior to the exam and revise over the topics. The exact topics I revised over came up . Ended up with an A:smile:

Hey, works for me :tongue: I end up getting increasingly bored with topics as exams get closer. I have a tendency to over-do, so looking over the material again just doesn't seem to benefit, just make me want to tear my hair out. You were certainly lucky though, that's an ideal situation :smile:
My exams start at 9.45am and I get up at 7, which leaves me an hour to get ready, an hour and a half to revise, and 15 mins to get there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
usually around 6... :smile:
Exam seasons I wake up before 6, so same for exam days. Usually do a past paper before going to school so I feel like more prepared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes 8, sometimes 8:30,

I'm suprised everyone gets up early, I feel tired as it in exam season so to wake up early to just go over 1 or 2 topics seems counterproductive, I think sleep is more important

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest