Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Again, another dire performane by England. My opinion of Woodward has started to wain recently. I had respect for him in the past but his current selection policies and tactics are dreadful.

He either gets himself a rugby league coach to teach the players how to actually attack and release Englands strike players or England go on a downward spiral as teams are now starting to catch up with Englands superior fitness and rugby league style defence. Come the next world cup all the top teams will have rock solid defences, its the team that takes on a rugby league or rugby league style attack which will lead the way. I just hope for god Woodward acts now.

ReputationRep:
    Not to *spoil* your rugby thread or anything but I watched a bit of rugby today!

ReputationRep:
    yeah we were shite, just scraped that, couldn't watch most of it cos i was watching Aylesbury United but i can't see us winning this at this rate....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Again, another dire performane by England. My opinion of Woodward has started to wain recently. I had respect for him in the past but his current selection policies and tactics are dreadful.

He either gets himself a rugby league coach to teach the players how to actually attack and release Englands strike players or England go on a downward spiral as teams are now starting to catch up with Englands superior fitness and rugby league style defence. Come the next world cup all the top teams will have rock solid defences, its the team that takes on a rugby league or rugby league style attack which will lead the way. I just hope for god Woodward acts now.

Um we are totally changing the team and liek everrything it will need time to bond again. I watched our world cup winning team grow greater organically over time adn the next one will be different and more of a shock to the sudden rush of retirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Um we are totally changing the team and liek everrything it will need time to bond again. I watched our world cup winning team grow greater organically over time adn the next one will be different and more of a shock to the sudden rush of retirements.
    True but only really one of those players who retired would have carrieed on playing a full role in Woodwards eyes after the world cup anyway. Thats Johnson. Leonard and Bracken if not retired would be bit part players and Neil Back wasnt going to last much longer anyway.

What i'm saying is, England were the first team to pick up rugby league tactics in defence, and that came through with style, but now all the other top teams have jumped on the bandwaggon and got them selves a rugby league defensive coach and are all getting as good as Englands.

The next progression for Union, is to play a rugby league attack of expansive play and offloads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Not to *spoil* your rugby thread or anything but I watched a bit of rugby today!
    Oh how sweet

ReputationRep:
    Oh how sweet
    Hehe I didn't watch much of it. Just the begining and I saw this cute blonde Irish guy.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I didn't watch much of it. Just the begining and I saw this cute blonde Irish guy.
    Slightly long hair? A bit chubby? Brian O'Driscol?

ReputationRep:
    Slightly long hair? A bit chubby? Brian O'Driscol?
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/assets/i...41579image.jpg

Yeah. I think he looked like that. I don't like him on the other photos though.

ReputationRep:
    True but only really one of those players who retired would have carrieed on playing a full role in Woodwards eyes after the world cup anyway. Thats Johnson. Leonard and Bracken if not retired would be bit part players and Neil Back wasnt going to last much longer anyway.
    But we're still missing crucial players like Catt and Wilkinson.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/assets/i...41579image.jpg

Yeah. I think he looked like that. I don't like him on the other photos though.
    He is a very good player. Probably the best attacking union centre in the world at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Catt was on the bench (fully fit) and I don't think Wilko will bring much more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Catt crucial? I admitt he changed a couple of the games in the world cup but he has done little since. He played part of the game today and di nothing.

Wilkinson is only crucial for his kicking. He adds little to Englands in game play ball in hands.

ReputationRep:
    He is a very good player. Probably the best attacking union centre in the world at the moment.
    Good I've got to admit this rugby thing seems much more exciting now. Do you have any links to Englands rugby team?

ReputationRep:
    Good I've got to admit this rugby thing seems much more exciting now. Do you have any links to Englands rugby team?
    Links? I.e. know some of the players or internet links?

ReputationRep:
    Links? I.e. know some of the players or internet links?
    Er... I don't know. I was just after some of Englands rugby player profiles. I don't know where to find them.

ReputationRep:
    Did you see the Ireland game today?

ReputationRep:
    To repeat a previous post:

You'll never guess who told me that the score was 21-16 - John Humphrys. Beat that.

ReputationRep:
    Er... I don't know. I was just after some of Englands rugby player profiles. I don't know where to find them.
    http://www.scrum.com/rugbyworldcup/p...ountry=England

Ian Balshaw went to my school, his dad is the caretaker there and I know him personally. Will Greenwood went to my school, his mums a maths teacher there and taught me for two years and Bracken went to my school as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Did you see the Ireland game today?

Bits and pieces. I wasnt too impressed, but they didnt really need to step their game up from anymore than second gear to be honest to beat Italy.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.