The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Joey_Johns
http://www.scrum.com/rugbyworldcup/player_profiles/teamlist.asp?country=England

Ian Balshaw went to my school, his dad is the caretaker there and I know him personally. Will Greenwood went to my school, his mums a maths teacher there and taught me for two years and Bracken went to my school as well.

You manage to bring Stonyhurst into every conversation.
Joey_Johns
http://www.scrum.com/rugbyworldcup/player_profiles/teamlist.asp?country=England

Ian Balshaw went to my school, his dad is the caretaker there and I know him personally. Will Greenwood went to my school, his mums a maths teacher there and taught me for two years and Bracken went to my school as well.

Wow that's pretty impressive. Thanks for the link :smile:
Reply 22
Joey_Johns
Bits and pieces. I wasnt too impressed, but they didnt really need to step their game up from anymore than second gear to be honest to beat Italy.

They were below par, but the conditions were awful.

Italy have improved over the last couple of years, but the class difference was still evident.

I was dissapointed with Geordan Murphy, but such a swift comeback from such a devastating injury can bring comprehension.
Reply 23
Lord Huntroyde

Ah, your just jelous. :biggrin: and I didnt mention it as such.
Reply 24
Bigcnee
They were below par, but the conditions were awful.

Italy have improved over the last couple of years, but the class difference was still evident.

I was dissapointed with Geordan Murphy, but such a swift comeback from such a devastating injury can be comprehension.

Agreed Murphy is a class act. He was on fire before the world cup. Hope he gets his old form back.
Reply 25
happysunshine
Wow that's pretty impressive. Thanks for the link :smile:

Your welcome. Now, just hone your culinary and sewing skills like you were the other day and you shall make a good wife :tongue:
Reply 26
Joey_Johns
Ah, your just jelous. :biggrin: and I didnt mention it as such.

My friend's rugby club is playing Stonyhurst Y11s today.
Joey_Johns
Your welcome. Now, just hone your culinary and sewing skills like you were the other day and you shall make a good wife :tongue:

Now that's not very nice is it? :mad:

Although I accept I am multi-talented :tongue:
Reply 28
Lord Huntroyde
My friend's rugby club is playing Stonyhurst Y11s today.

Good for them. They will get a good whipping :smile:

The normal season has finnished now, there are no more serious games, its what we refer to as '7's season'.
Reply 29
Joey_Johns
Good for them. They will get a good whipping :smile:

The normal season has finnished now, there are no more serious games, its what we refer to as '7's season'.

Toffs vs Burnley Wood.

Toffs will win, but will also come off the most injured. I have seen Burnley Wood's tactics. It involves kicking and punching.
Reply 30
happysunshine
Now that's not very nice is it? :mad:

Although I accept I am multi-talented :tongue:

Oh Miss Sunshine. It was nothing but a compliment. Words of encouragement :tongue:

However sexist it may be, cooking is one of the most attractive aspects to a man for a potential life partner. Ok, sewing isnt, but as you say yourself, your quite good at that, so its just a bonus :biggrin:
Reply 31
Lord Huntroyde
Toffs vs Burnley Wood.

Toffs will win, but will also come off the most injured. I have seen Burnley Wood's tactics. It involves kicking and punching.

You have obviously never seen Stonyhurst play then. That is the basis of their forward play. Trust me, it will be the Burnely team who comes out the worst. Stonyhurst are country renound for having a dirty pack.

Lol, burnley wood. My mother teachers at Rose-wood school.
Joey_Johns
Oh Miss Sunshine. It was nothing but a compliment. Words of encouragement :tongue:

However sexist it may be, cooking is one of the most attractive aspects to a man for a potential life partner. Ok, sewing isnt, but as you say yourself, your quite good at that, so its just a bonus :biggrin:

:tongue: Oh that's okay then.

Hehe, your mens potential wife/partner points make me laugh. But I think you are probably very right about them :biggrin:
Reply 33
Joey_Johns
You have obviously never seen Stonyhurst play then. That is the basis of their forward play. Trust me, it will be the Burnley team who comes out the worst. Stonyhurst are country renowned for having a dirty pack.

Lol, burnley wood. My mother teachers at Rose-wood school.

Hmm, we shall see. I wonder which makes an 'arder (as we say in Lancashire) person. A public school or a council estate?
Reply 34
Joey_Johns
Again, another dire performane by England. My opinion of Woodward has started to wain recently. I had respect for him in the past but his current selection policies and tactics are dreadful.

He either gets himself a rugby league coach to teach the players how to actually attack and release Englands strike players or England go on a downward spiral as teams are now starting to catch up with Englands superior fitness and rugby league style defence. Come the next world cup all the top teams will have rock solid defences, its the team that takes on a rugby league or rugby league style attack which will lead the way. I just hope for god Woodward acts now.

Robinson is no good as a full back or a centre in my opinion - Josh Lewsey is undoubtedly a better player there. I felt that the return of Tindall helped to strengthen the centre though with Greenwood getting more of a showing....England's front row seems to be disappointing so far...Thompson is not the world's best hooker as is commonly believed by any means.....I would say that title would have gone to Keith Wood....I think tatics seems to be the main problem though....despite the No. 10's (forgot his name) good set piece kicking, the in-play kicking seemed to be lacking...England's fitness certainly won the day though as Wales showed signs of tiring

Rugby League is for girlies :tongue: I think the pack has to be sorted as there seems to be a bit of a void without Johnson
Reply 35
Lord Huntroyde

Dawson went to my school and is a much better scrum half than Bracken :biggrin:
Reply 36
Lord Huntroyde
Hmm, we shall see. I wonder which makes an 'arder (as we say in Lancashire) person. A public school or a council estate?

You'd be very surprised how hard the forwards are at any public school especially S.

Take a look at the lovely Stonyhurst class of 2001. Lovely looking bunch arent they?
Reply 37
Blamps
Dawson went to my school and is a much better scrum half than Bracken :biggrin:

Well no he isnt. The fact that Bracken has 51 caps proves that. They have both had times of dominance over the years as each of them was the 'form' player. Some seasons Bracken was top, others Dawson. Will Carling summed it up well before the S.A match 'Bracken and Dawson are interchangeable, it doesnt matter which one you have on the pitch'.

As for skills, Braken has a better kicking game and is more scrappy but Dawson has more stepping and ball in hand skills.
kieran bracken ahhh brilliant player =P
i don't really know that much about rugby but maybe england thought they could relax a bit since they won the world cup????
rory underwood/tony underwood/rob andrews = superbbb ( in their prime )
Reply 39
Blamps
Robinson is no good as a full back or a centre in my opinion - Josh Lewsey is undoubtedly a better player there. I felt that the return of Tindall helped to strengthen the centre though with Greenwood getting more of a showing....England's front row seems to be disappointing so far...Thompson is not the world's best hooker as is commonly believed by any means.....I would say that title would have gone to Keith Wood....I think tatics seems to be the main problem though....despite the No. 10's (forgot his name) good set piece kicking, the in-play kicking seemed to be lacking...England's fitness certainly won the day though as Wales showed signs of tiring

Rugby League is for girlies :tongue: I think the pack has to be sorted as there seems to be a bit of a void without Johnson

Your completly right about Robinson. Henery Paul at inside centre would release him into a new leash of life, he needs quality ball. The balls he got today and in general are dreadful. The players just pass to him and expect him to work magic, alright he does it sometimes but if you give him quality, well timed ball he is far more effective.

Thompson is the best ball handling hooker. His other aspects are poor yes. Keith Wood has retired mate.

Oh, you do know that rugby league isnt for girls, on the contrary.

Latest

Trending

Trending