Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Well no he isnt. The fact that Bracken has 51 caps proves that. They have both had times of dominance over the years as each of them was the 'form' player. Some seasons Bracken was top, others Dawson. Will Carling summed it up well before the S.A match 'Bracken and Dawson are interchangeable, it doesnt matter which one you have on the pitch'.

As for skills, Braken has a better kicking game and is more scrappy but Dawson has more stepping and ball in hand skills.
    Dawson is England's most capped scrum half...Dawson makes some good sniping runs and has a knack of nicking the ball outta the scrum and pissing off the other scrum half and pack.....I would say Dawson's passing is superior which after all is the main pre-requisite of a scrum half, though Dawson does occassionally does some bad passes, like many a scrum half.....however, I probably would agree that they are roughly equals though its all down to school rivalry i.e state grammar v.z public school chappos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa13)
    kieran bracken ahhh brilliant player =P
    i don't really know that much about rugby but maybe england thought they could relax a bit since they won the world cup????
    rory underwood/tony underwood/rob andrews = superbbb ( in their prime )

Funny that you would name three players who went to the same school in county Durham.

ReputationRep:
    Your completly right about Robinson. Henery Paul at inside centre would release him into a new leash of life, he needs quality ball. The balls he got today and in general are dreadful. The players just pass to him and expect him to work magic, alright he does it sometimes but if you give him quality, well timed ball he is far more effective.

Thompson is the best ball handling hooker. His other aspects are poor yes. Keith Wood has retired mate.

Oh, you do know that rugby league isnt for girls, on the contrary.
    Hence I said Keith wood would have been or something like that.....Lewsey is a much better full back though in my opinion def in terms of defence (i.e breaking ppl's ribs), kicking though his runs are probably not as spectacular, he does have the strength and pace on the move

ReputationRep:
    Funny that you would name three players who went to the same school in county Durham.
    the later 3 Daz mentioned were all ****

ReputationRep:
    Your completly right about Robinson. Henery Paul at inside centre would release him into a new leash of life, he needs quality ball. The balls he got today and in general are dreadful. The players just pass to him and expect him to work magic, alright he does it sometimes but if you give him quality, well timed ball he is far more effective.

Thompson is the best ball handling hooker. His other aspects are poor yes. Keith Wood has retired mate.

Oh, you do know that rugby league isnt for girls, on the contrary.
    Playing as a centre is all about strength nowadays combined with pace IMO....centres more closely resemble flankers now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Hence I said Keith wood would have been or something like that.....Lewsey is a much better full back though in my opinion def in terms of defence (i.e breaking ppl's ribs), kicking though his runs are probably not as spectacular, he does have the strength and pace on the move
    Wood actually suffers from the same problem as Thompson. His line out is crap.

Lol if you want to see people ribs being broken I suggest you watch Australian rugby league.

yah, rob andrews went to cambridge university

the only time i took great interest in rugby was when they were all playing about 7 years ago and had won the 5 nations

ReputationRep:
    Playing as a centre is all about strength nowadays combined with pace IMO....centres more closely resemble flankers now
    I play centre. I'm not massive at all. Centre is more about speed and skill really.

ReputationRep:
    Wood actually suffers from the same problem as Thompson. His line out is crap.

Lol if you want to see people ribs being broken I suggest you watch Australian rugby league.
    ponces Well, under Wood, the Ireland lineout and scrum was renound to be solid....I just think Wood was a much better player in general

I play centre. I'm not massive at all. Centre is more about speed and skill really.
    when i used to play i used to play flyhalf i wasn't that good at kicking though so jst passed it to the innside cent ;pp

ReputationRep:
    yah, rob andrews went to cambridge university
    The three you mentioned went to Barnard Castle School. I just found it odd that you would pick them three from the same school.

The three you mentioned went to Barnard Castle School. I just found it odd that you would pick them three from the same school.
    i have rob andrews autobiography, he met rory underwood at a swimming pool when they were about 11

ReputationRep:
    I played a bit of Rugby as outside centre

I suspose opinions differ but I think there has been a definite evolution of centres resembling flankers who are not necessarily massive but strong

ReputationRep:
    i have rob andrews autobiography, he met rory underwood at a swimming pool when they were about 11
    Yes, they are all Geordies.

the outside centre is usually taller and slimmer than the inside.....

ReputationRep:
    I played a bit of Rugby as outside centre

I suspose opinions differ but I think there has been a definite evolution of centres resembling flankers who are not necessarily massive but strong
    Take O'driscoll for example...pretty big bloke but fast and skillful as well

i.e. guscott and carling

brb shower

ReputationRep:
    the outside centre is usually taller and slimmer than the inside.....
    well I'm 6 2, weigh about 13-14 stone, possibly more

ReputationRep:
    well I'm 6 2, weigh about 13-14 stone, possibly more
    I'm about 6 foot and weigh 13 stone and a bit. I dont look it, but I do admit I have amazing body strength for my size. I probably resemble Lewsey in body type out of any other player I can think of.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.