The Student Room Group

GCSE Chemistry Unit 1

Anyone doing the Chemistry Unit 1 exam on 10th June? What do you think the 6 mark question is going the be on?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Doing it tomorrow!
Reply 2
Original post by jenn12345
Doing it tomorrow!

Are you doing the AQA Higher paper unit 1?
I have a feeling the Miller-Urey experiment because its come up in quite a few past papers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by undiscovered_
I have a feeling the Miller-Urey experiment because its come up in quite a few past papers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't started looking at Chemistry which is on my list for tomorrow. Still got 6 other exams in the next 2 weeks so am panicking a bit.:frown:
Reply 5
I'm doing it as well. I reckon it'll be either: 1. Miller-Urey. or 2. On the use of plastic bags made of polyethene. Discussing the advantages and disadvantages of using polyethene when making plastic bags and what impact does it have on the environment and that.

Have you started revision? I'm quite good at Chemistry (A* standard during this year's controlled assessments and that on C2) but I wasn't here last year when C1 was taught, just moved from Barcelona last summer. I'm starting revision today, I was looking for some notes online but I can't find any? Do you know of any good revision notes that cover pretty much all the topics? I was also looking for a thread where this was discussed to see how other people feel about the exam. Haven't done any past-papers (not full ones, just random questions), is it going to be hard? :frown:

Also doing English Language on the 4th, Biology on the 5th and Physics on the 13th; these last two and Chemistry for Science A.

Good luck! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ffaryad
I'm doing it as well. I reckon it'll be either: 1. Miller-Urey. or 2. On the use of plastic bags made of polyethene. Discussing the advantages and disadvantages of using polyethene when making plastic bags and what impact does it have on the environment and that.

Have you started revision? I'm quite good at Chemistry (A* standard during this year's controlled assessments and that on C2) but I wasn't here last year when C1 was taught, just moved from Barcelona last summer. I'm starting revision today, I was looking for some notes online but I can't find any? Do you know of any good revision notes that cover pretty much all the topics? I was also looking for a thread where this was discussed to see how other people feel about the exam. Haven't done any past-papers (not full ones, just random questions), is it going to be hard? :frown:

Also doing English Language on the 4th, Biology on the 5th and Physics on the 13th; these last two and Chemistry for Science A.

Go on get revising website. It has useful notes. I agree I think it might be about the polythene bags.

Has anyone come across Jan 13 paper?:smile:
Original post by chatty
Anyone doing the Chemistry Unit 1 exam on 10th June? What do you think the 6 mark question is going the be on?:smile:

I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ffaryad

I think getting the CGP AQA chemistry revision guide will help you. It has everything u need. Past papers are the way forward too

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm retaking, I got 38/60 (awful) which was 80 UMS; an A :redface:
I have to retake to get A*
Any help would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by THEMathlete
I think getting the CGP AQA chemistry revision guide will help you. It has everything u need. Past papers are the way forward too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got the CGP revision guides for all 3 sciences! I'm using them and checking with the specification to see if they cover what it says and it does! I'm onto past papers as well, thanks!
Reply 11
I'm retaking, I got 38/60 (awful) which was 80 UMS; an A :redface:
I have to retake to get A*
Any help would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were the grade boundaries?
Original post by ffaryad
Got the CGP revision guides for all 3 sciences! I'm using them and checking with the specification to see if they cover what it says and it does! I'm onto past papers as well, thanks!

Good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ffaryad
What were the grade boundaries?

I only remember 38 was an A... :P
Look them up on AQA. The first exam was in 2012 January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
i have my biology 5th, chemistry 10th and physics 13th
am soooo nervous.
i've tried to revise but i don't know how i can revise more efficiently
need advice.
i need an A at least !!!!
Original post by Ace16
i have my biology 5th, chemistry 10th and physics 13th
am soooo nervous.
i've tried to revise but i don't know how i can revise more efficiently
need advice.
i need an A at least !!!!

Revision guides. They're 'ace'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Do you think getting the CGP revision guide book tomorrow is too late?:smile:
Original post by chatty
Do you think getting the CGP revision guide book tomorrow is too late?:smile:

Nope, you have enough time to go through and make notes. I'm doing so rn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Nope, you have enough time to go through and make notes. I'm doing so rn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.:smile:
Anyone have any ideas on what the 6 marks might be?
What were the ones for the previous years? Anyone want to research? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending