The Student Room Group

Unit 1 Psychology Edexcel

How did you guys find the exam? (was it hard or easy). For me it was a bit easy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was alright really. I was resitting after not doing too well on the January paper - it was much easier than the Jan one, I thought anyway
I thought it went fine. Granted I thought the last one went fine and I came out with D, but I took fewer chances this time for sure. Highlights included racing through the Goddon and Baddeley evaluation and that lovely multiple choice four marker on Hofling.

What the hell was up with that question about Milgram's university though? As if we needed to know such trivial detail as that! I'm already down a mark, and through no lack of psychological knowledge or understanding whatsoever. What codswallop.

The 12 marker was so irregular that I have no idea how well I've done, but I don't think I put anything incorrect down, even if it was all a tad basic, and I definitely got the 6 description and 6 evaluation points in, so I'm optimistic.
Reply 3
For that Hofling question, was it the policy to ring over the phone, i remember reading it was very common
Reply 4
I thought it was easier than the january one. I just didn't like the last 12 mark question on quantitative and qualitative data. I dont get why there were 12 marks on that question.
Original post by simonb451
For that Hofling question, was it the policy to ring over the phone, i remember reading it was very common

Nope it wasnt policy but they just did it.

anyways.. The 12 marker.. Seriously wtf edexcel it's like they had nothing to ask... I didnt study for that part.... But i think i might get 9 hopefully 1...

but the paper was easier than january's though...
I hope the Ums for 90% is lower.. Please wtf was with the 12 marker..
Reply 7
I liked the 12 marker but that was because i always do the 12 marker first so i looked at it, panicked, went to the front and was planning my essay for the whole exam as i was doing the questions. I think i only mucked up on Hofling grid and one of the multiple choice
Reply 8
Original post by DoctorSchmosby
I thought it went fine. Granted I thought the last one went fine and I came out with D, but I took fewer chances this time for sure. Highlights included racing through the Goddon and Baddeley evaluation and that lovely multiple choice four marker on Hofling.

What the hell was up with that question about Milgram's university though? As if we needed to know such trivial detail as that! I'm already down a mark, and through no lack of psychological knowledge or understanding whatsoever. What codswallop.

The 12 marker was so irregular that I have no idea how well I've done, but I don't think I put anything incorrect down, even if it was all a tad basic, and I definitely got the 6 description and 6 evaluation points in, so I'm optimistic.

I can totally relate to the january exam haha, luckily I actually knew that it was done at Yale! My psychology teacehr told me that Stanford was mentioned too in a book endorsed by edexcel, in a variation experiment or something? Unfair for some people who knew it.
My 12 marker seemed so short, but i wrote everything down that i could think of? maybe I didn't get enough down for the description.. (I did include examples too though?)
anyone knows was it the policy to give medication over the phone in Hofling's study?
The paper wasn't that hard, but I kind of had a panic attack before the exam (forgot my pens and ID) and then ended reading some of the questions wrong and then had to redo them and hence couldn't finish the last question on time even though I had a lot to write. :/ So yeah I think failed. :/ What did people put for the Holding question and the two features of the memory one?
Reply 11
i thought that the 12 marker was very harsh ad struggled to find enough points for both description and evaluation , i mean cmon there are plenty of topics that you could easily write a 12 marker on , i ddint particualrly like the features of memory model one either as i thought that feauture was a bit and ambigious as to what it was asking , but overall pretty average paper
Original post by revisiontimee
anyone knows was it the policy to give medication over the phone in Hofling's study?

NO, It isn't hospital policy to give medication over the phone!
Original post by rumenaislam
The paper wasn't that hard, but I kind of had a panic attack before the exam (forgot my pens and ID) and then ended reading some of the questions wrong and then had to redo them and hence couldn't finish the last question on time even though I had a lot to write. :/ So yeah I think failed. :/ What did people put for the Holding question and the two features of the memory one?

Similar story: what's with edexcel and their time constraints? So not cool. Somehow I managed to finish the paper right on time though.

What was the HOfling question again? (dont quite remember it... ) oh yeah I chose to write on the models of memory, I wrote about the different stores eg. sensory storage, short term storage and long term. etc LOL )

What did you write for the terrorist-question ? I used the social identity theory and milgram's agency theory to explain it.
Original post by madaboutmambo
Similar story: what's with edexcel and their time constraints? So not cool. Somehow I managed to finish the paper right on time though.

What was the HOfling question again? (dont quite remember it... ) oh yeah I chose to write on the models of memory, I wrote about the different stores eg. sensory storage, short term storage and long term. etc LOL )

What did you write for the terrorist-question ? I used the social identity theory and milgram's agency theory to explain it.

It was that grid where you had to say whether the statements were true or false (can't remember the exacts questions though).

I used social identity theory and milligram agency theory as well and I think I linked milligrams study into it too. I hate those kind of questions.
Reply 15
I had the exam as well. A re-sit from January, but I wasn't too worried - I got a B first time round. :smile:

I don't really know about the 12 mark question, it was obscure but assuming my points are credible, then I think I put enough down. I broke it down into threes; 3 descriptive points for qualitative, 3 for quantitative, then 3 evaluation points for each. Which, assuming they actually count as separate marks - then that should have given me enough. xD

It was the features of model of memory one I didn't particularly like. It was just too vague and I was struggling to find anything concrete to say!
Original post by Pixie-Bee

I don't really know about the 12 mark question, it was obscure but assuming my points are credible, then I think I put enough down. I broke it down into threes; 3 descriptive points for qualitative, 3 for quantitative, then 3 evaluation points for each. Which, assuming they actually count as separate marks - then that should have given me enough. xD

I think you broke it down well. That question was quite easy, the answer was in the book ; just needed elaboration. I didn't like the features either. :O I think it was about 6 marks in total.
Reply 17
One of the Hofling questions was asking how many knew the correct dosage but still gave medication. The question said 12 nurses, I put this as false as I believed it was 11, is this correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
.it wz an ok paper... But.. I ran outta tym to finish the last question:frown:
Original post by Reece_n95
One of the Hofling questions was asking how many knew the correct dosage but still gave medication. The question said 12 nurses, I put this as false as I believed it was 11, is this correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes this is right, it was 11 who knew.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending