The Student Room Group

Colour b4? Does it work?

So basically around last summer I dyed my hair a dark purple and after that, for about a year now i've been dying it a dark red.

My natural colour is a light mousey brown and I want to be a chocolatey brown now, so i've been trying to dye it a chocolate brown but the red is still coming through every single time which is infuriating. I want to try this colour b4, i've heard amazing reviews!

Will it take me back to my light brown or go a gingery brown? (I dont mind because i'll re-dye it the brown I want) I just want to know if it truly does strip the dark redness away, despite how thick my hair is.

Is it worth it?
In my experience, it worked wonders. When you use it, it doesn't necessarily turn your hair a nice colour, but it makes it light again so you can dye back over it. I'd try a test strand first to see if it works but it's definitely worth a go :smile:

My hair was initially very light blonde. I then dyed it auburn. Realised it clashed with everything I wore so I found this stuff, which I only used because it had such good reviews and youtube videos. When I put it on my hair, it was incredible to see red turn turn to blonde within minutes. I had to leave it on for 20 minutes or something, but I could see it working almost immediately. Afterwards, it left my hair a medium blonde colour - very yellow though so another colour had to go straight on it but I remember I couldn't get over how well it worked and I'm always a bit sceptical of these things. It got rid of all the red, which I didn't really expect it to do. You wouln't even think red dye had been on my hair at all. I can probably find some pics if that helps.
It worked for me when I wanted to get rid of the colour build up from dyeing my hair dark brown so many times. After doing it my hair was a light gingery brown. Beware than your roots might end up lighter than your ends (especially if you dye your hair a lot), I used it once on my whole head and again just on my ends. Also if you've used a dye with peroxide in (most permanent dyes) then you can never get your natural hair colour back. Your hair will be kind of gingery underneath the dye. Once you've got the colour out dye over with a semi-permanent ash brown and you should be fine :smile:

Also the website has loads of really good advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending