Turn on thread page Beta

Lima to Rio watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Proabably gonna be travelling this route over a period of a month, I know im goin to have to go through bolivia, and id like to go to Cusco and Macchu Picchu. Has anybody travelled in the area or on a similar route? Any advice on routes/itineraries would be useful. a-thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    Macchu Picchu
    OMG im going there!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    Proabably gonna be travelling this route over a period of a month, I know im goin to have to go through bolivia, and id like to go to Cusco and Macchu Picchu. Has anybody travelled in the area or on a similar route? Any advice on routes/itineraries would be useful. a-thankyou.
    Take an ak-47, some body armour and grenades.... hope you dont get kidnapped you are crazy to go there

ReputationRep:
    A tank also would be desireable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    A tank also would be desireable.
    ya probably still wouldn't be safe though, I don't think its smart to go through bolivia either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Take an ak-47, some body armour and grenades.... hope you dont get kidnapped you are crazy to go there
    yea get an ak-47 from eBay

ReputationRep:
    e-bay, what champions. Oh! and get some really cute combat gear, you might need that too!

wolfff what's up mate

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting a **** rio ferdinand joke, thanks for the let down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    ya probably still wouldn't be safe though, I don't think its smart to go through bolivia either
    Wow, thanks for all the useless information guys. As with all north americans, you seem to have a grossly distorted vision of the outside world, which is a shame. Bolivia and all of southern Peru are totally safe, many many peopl trvel there without problem.

ReputationRep:
    the emphasis being on the many, so many dont as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I would reccomend you also take an army, you can proabably buy one on ebay - or just give George W a call, im sure he wont mind invading another country just for you.

ReputationRep:
    Well, everybody ive ever known who has travelled there has had no problem. we're not talking kosovo, lebanon, columbia or iraw, its naffing peru.

ReputationRep:
    recently:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2942618.stm
    and in the past:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

not my definition of safe personally, but i suppose getting kidnapped by a drug cartel would at least be something to tell ur mates in the pub once u errr get back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    My daughter's going there in a few weeks. Her trip extends over a 9 week period and includes Bolivia and the Inca Trail. You could download the trip notes from the website (this is the trip she's doing) and get some ideas for the bits you want to do.
    http://www.encounter.co.uk/singles.php?tripCat=E-TAE

As for the scaremongering - nowhere's totally safe these days. Think Madrid.

Sorry to sound 'mumsy' but don't forget to organise your jabs in plenty of time and your anti-malaria tablets (which vary depending on the region you're visiting). Useful info here:
    http://www.traveldoctor.co.uk/samerica.htm
    http://www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/

ReputationRep:
    My dad is from Bolivia and ive been it's not that safe, make sure ure always with someone its quite dangerous to go out on ure own. Other than that there no other dangers except for killer jaguars, eagles snakes and llams who if u piss them off will spit at you, if their spit gets on ure skin it will leave a white mark like a sun spot, nasty. So u have been warned.

ReputationRep:
    Well, a group of thirty colleagues went there last year and didnt have any problems. Sure there are dangers anywhere you go, but I think if your careful things should be OK. Where would you go on your gap year then, Basildon, Doncaster?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.