Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I know this question has been asked many times before now, but when is the deadline for universities to make a decision about your application. I have been reading through similar posts to this one, but there seems to be a lot of different responses. I have checked the booklet UCAS sent me when I applied, but this only states the deadlines for us in deciding our firm/insurance places depending on when we hear from our last university.

I am still waiting to hear from Loughborough and it's driving me MAD! The longer I am left waiting, the more I think they are going to reject me.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by female_engineer)
    Hi there!

I know this question has been asked many times before now, but when is the deadline for universities to make a decision about your application. I have been reading through similar posts to this one, but there seems to be a lot of different responses. I have checked the booklet UCAS sent me when I applied, but this only states the deadlines for us in deciding our firm/insurance places depending on when we hear from our last university.

I am still waiting to hear from Loughborough and it's driving me MAD! The longer I am left waiting, the more I think they are going to reject me.

Thanks
    Put it this way - I don't think there is no official deadline until June/July. I've heard of people still waiting for decisions in June previously (despite getting their application in by the deadline).

Incidently, I feel your pain...

ReputationRep:
    Call them up and ask to check the status of your application. That way at least you won't have to worry that they've lost it or something, and it might even hurry them up.

ReputationRep:
    the deadline is quite late.

In reality all decisions are made before mid april at the latest.

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly theres a date April ish when all the Unis you've applied to must respond. It shouldn't be too long. You've then got some time to make your mind up before you respond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    http://www.ucas.com/getting/deadlines/index.html

Scroll down

Uni's have to make decisions on applications in by the January Deadline by the end of May - you have to make your final choices (firm insurance etc) by the 7th of June (or the 28 April if you recieve your final decision by the end of March)
    That leaves me with so little time.

ReputationRep:
    On ucas it says they can take aslong as july

ReputationRep:
    *Sigh* the end of May is still so far away...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by female_engineer)
    Hi there!

Thanks
    Perhaps you should ring them up?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.