The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thought it was really hard but i liked the 6 marker. First question confuzed me
I found the resistance question quite hard, and i didn't know what answer was for the hybrid question. what did you put? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ineedtheA*'s
I found the resistance question quite hard, and i didn't know what answer was for the hybrid question. what did you put? :smile:

I said for the hybrid question:
increased fuel economy as it slowed them down so saved more fuel and therefore decreased the amount of fuel you have to buy a month.. also i said it used energy that would just be lost by heat would be transferred into useful energy as it charged the cars battery.

what did everyone get for the hob question on what the cable should look like? I said it should use the 6.0 cross section.. and i was going to write about the plug but i thought that didnt come into cables!

also answer for half life? i got 64 days but everyone said it was 16 or 32.

the first question i even found hard! thank god there was loads of calculations! i think boundaries will be low as they always are for p2.
Reply 4
I got 32 days and I put about the hybrid question as converting heat energy to electrical energy for the battery. It was quite hard however the 6 marker was good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
boundaries will be high because let's be honest, it was a pretty damn easy exam.
Reply 6
I think that I revised the wrong topics. The first question threw me.off, as well as the part c when asked whether the force of the boat would be less than, the same or more than the figure in b)ii
I seriously forgot about nuclear reactors and that shoddy question about the whole iodine 131 tablets in japan. What were the answers for the cable structure question? I wasn't sure of it.
Reply 7
Original post by Chloestar
I got 32 days and I put about the hybrid question as converting heat energy to electrical energy for the battery. It was quite hard however the 6 marker was good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah... i wrote the same about the regenerative braking system. (:
Reply 8
Original post by T_T.
I think that I revised the wrong topics. The first question threw me.off, as well as the part c when asked whether the force of the boat would be less than, the same or more than the figure in b)ii
I seriously forgot about nuclear reactors and that shoddy question about the whole iodine 131 tablets in japan. What were the answers for the cable structure question? I wasn't sure of it.

I 100% agree :frown:
Reply 9
I felt it was too easy to be honest. It is a GCSE exzam, not a Kstage 3.
Standards are just terribly low!!
Reply 10
Original post by T_T.

what actually was the answer to the force question??? I put more than (so the forwards pulling force is greater than the forwards resultant force) but other people put "the same as" XD

argh, the cable structure question - I had no clue what to write about, I mentioned that there were the earth, live and neutral wires, and that there's insulation :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Not too sure I did too good in this exam, I found the 6 marker reasonably ok, can you use maths to prove an answer in the 6 marker?? Because that is what I done!

I just didn't really understand the iodine tablets one, the half days calculation and the one about the electric oven and the cables.

What was the first question again?? I can't even remember!
Reply 12
I've never felt worse coming out of an exam. We have a shoddy teacher yet I'm a maths oriented person - I got an A* in my maths GCSE last year (year early, did it in Year 10) and I got 100 UMS in physics last year with like 3 sides revision. I didn't revise as much as I'd have liked to with 6 exams in the last 3/4 days including my poetry exam as well today but I felt quite confident but I have never felt so stupid in an exam! It really caught me out, albeit we were only taught everything to C grade by our teacher and some of what she taught us was wrong :unimpressed: so I wasn't expecting it to go well and some girls in my year found it quite good whereas most of the girls in my class found it horrible, yet I found the chem and biology papers okay.

Half of the questions were bordering on HSW and they appeared to have taken tiny bits of the spec and blown them up into huge questions! Like there was nothing on terminal velocity and nothing on stars/space???
I thought that exam went really well tbh :x most of our year at school came out of it and P3 saying how easy that was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the exam was ok, it was the one I did first as I had unit 3 to do straight after - they were at the same time. anyway what did you put for the question about describing the cable for the mains electricity?
Reply 15
Original post by curved
I've never felt worse coming out of an exam. We have a shoddy teacher yet I'm a maths oriented person - I got an A* in my maths GCSE last year (year early, did it in Year 10) and I got 100 UMS in physics last year with like 3 sides revision. I didn't revise as much as I'd have liked to with 6 exams in the last 3/4 days including my poetry exam as well today but I felt quite confident but I have never felt so stupid in an exam! It really caught me out, albeit we were only taught everything to C grade by our teacher and some of what she taught us was wrong :unimpressed: so I wasn't expecting it to go well and some girls in my year found it quite good whereas most of the girls in my class found it horrible, yet I found the chem and biology papers okay.

Half of the questions were bordering on HSW and they appeared to have taken tiny bits of the spec and blown them up into huge questions! Like there was nothing on terminal velocity and nothing on stars/space???

It wasn't too bad. The spec mentions two-core/three core cables, if you mentioned that I can assure you that will be 2 out of your 3 marks. If you quoted from the cable that would get you your 3rd mark.

As I said, the paper wasn't difficult. If you hadn't revised, it would probably have been extremely difficult - I can appreciate the lack of revision, this week has been extremely busy for me too.

For the first question - did you put. "For every reaction there's an opposite and equal reaction" or along those lines? The boat's thrust was going backward.
Reply 16
Original post by hollyann
I said for the hybrid question:
increased fuel economy as it slowed them down so saved more fuel and therefore decreased the amount of fuel you have to buy a month.. also i said it used energy that would just be lost by heat would be transferred into useful energy as it charged the cars battery.

what did everyone get for the hob question on what the cable should look like? I said it should use the 6.0 cross section.. and i was going to write about the plug but i thought that didnt come into cables!

also answer for half life? i got 64 days but everyone said it was 16 or 32.

the first question i even found hard! thank god there was loads of calculations! i think boundaries will be low as they always are for p2.

Newton's third law.
In the hybrid question is it asking what a regenerative brake is?

cause if it is then the answer is: The motor goes on reverse slowing the car down. It does this by converting kinetic energy into electrical energy , this is stored as chemical energy.Making the hybird car more efficent.
For the radio active question about iodine
I wrote that the UN radioactive iodine prevents the radioactive iodine from ionizing and causing damage in a localized area.
Is this correct?
Reply 19
Original post by alwaysgunner
For the radio active question about iodine
I wrote that the UN radioactive iodine prevents the radioactive iodine from ionizing and causing damage in a localized area.
Is this correct?

No, the thyroid gland was saturated by the non-radioactive iodine which meant that the radioactive one had to pass through the body

Latest

Trending

Trending